Platinum launches a Kickstarter campaign to port The Wonderful 101 to Switch, PC, PS4

Just as the rumors foretold, PlatinumGames is bringing the Wii U title The Wonderful 101 to a new audience, through the power of Kickstarter. Initially starting with a $50,000 goal to port the game on the Nintendo Switch, the campaign managed to rocket past the goal and is currently sitting on the cusp of $700,000 dollars pledged at the time of writing. This means that the two additional stretch goals--a Steam version and a PlayStation 4 port--have also been secured. Two new stretch goals have been added, which include a Time Attack mode, and a new 2D side-scrolling bonus adventure set at $1 million and $1.5 million respectively.

The Wonderful 101 Remastered was also revealed to be one of the mysterious four projects that the company is working on, as shown by their new website, which was updated to show The Wonderful 101's Kickstarter page. Pledging what converts to about $36 USD will get yourself a digital copy of the game, with an estimated delivery of April 2020. Higher backer tiers include digital comics, the game's soundtrack, a physical copy of the game, or if you're daring enough, you can get your Twitter account blocked by the one and only Hideki Kamiya for around $100.

The Wonderful 101 first released as a Nintendo Wii U exclusive, and was, to the chagrin of PlatinumGames, relegated to the platform against their control. Now with the success of the Kickstarter, they'll be able to easily bring it over to the three confirmed platforms later this year.

:arrow: Source

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The past is the past lol. I'm just saying that this isn't something that Platinum itself started, nor made popular.
i didn't say that. i said because companies do this it becomes a normal thing to do so and companies keep doing it more and more like it is normal while it ain't so. It's a new scummy tactic to get more money out of people their pockets and the more it happens, the more it becomes the new normal to do so just like how we were eased in to micro transactions till it becomes the new normal. You don't have to agree but i would never pay money for a port they already have all the base coding for making it easy and especially cheap to port over or any port whatsoever by a huge studio. If it would be a small developer without the backing of a big studio than i would consider it but supporting such a large studio with billions in the bank just so they don't have to spend another dime porting it over. Nah, thanks because if i would do i would contribute to big companies doing it more and more because they can because people are just 2 stupid to throw away money at them

Redhotiron2004

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Rather then porting it to those platforms. Why not port it to an wi u emulator instead? You can then play it on pc and even retropie.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah and because of that we see publishers asking for money before releasing on an increasing basis and it's an upcoming trend. I don't agree that it isn't their fault to begin with since in the past not a single company asked money for a port or other stuff while now we keep seeing it more and more meaning it's becoming quite a normal thing to do so while it's not
Why do you care so much lol you act like ther being forced to donate

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why do you care so much lol you act like ther being forced to donate
Because i do. Why would i cared back then people being so dumb paying for micro DLC where i claimed the same thing and look what happened. Ofcourse i do care when gamers throw away money like that to corporate greed because it also impacts the people who don't want to and care about the gaming industry. The corporate bullshit people accept effects everybody so yeah i care and seeing the same thing happened with micro dlc wich i exactly was saying the same stuff i am doing now proves it even more

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because i do. Why would i cared back then people being so dumb paying for micro DLC where i claimed the same thing and look what happened. Ofcourse i do care when gamers throw away money like that to corporate greed because it also impacts the people who don't want to and care about the gaming industry. The corporate bullshit people accept effects everybody so yeah i care and seeing the same thing happened with micro dlc wich i exactly was saying the same stuff i am doing now proves it even more
You think the worse to much you got no proof people are trying to con us unless do so Yr comments don't mean anyrhing- chill out let the donaters donate and play some great kickstarter games

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You think the worse to much you got no proof people are trying to con us unless do so Yr comments don't mean anyrhing- chill out let the donaters donate and play some great kickstarter games
It's not a kickstarter game by a small dev. It's a port by a big studio who have all the base code making porting easy and super cheap with already a large sum of money in their account. Massive difference

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not a kickstarter game by a small dev. It's a port by a big studio who have all the base code making porting easy and super cheap with already a large sum of money in their account. Massive difference
You don't kno how many people are involved in making the port what with it being on multiple platforms and you don't kno how much money they hav-don't assume its all easy

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Urgh. Kickstarter is a beautiful tool for helping to make projects happening which otherwise wouldn't be found-able. Its a great tool to ensure that new different, sometimes radical, ways get taken and to resurrect assumed to be out-dated gamedesign. While big publishers understandable try to stick to a game formular as long as they can until needing to risk a brand new formular (think e.g. Ubisoft-open-world-formular or cover-shooter-formular). Seeing a studio, that of course can afford a small project like this easily, exploiting crowd-founding plattforms is disgusting.
Yet it's a understandable business decision, fans rarely act on unethical behaviour like this when it comes down to not buying a product of a beloved company or franchise. I fear fans of media products somethimes can be such victims...

Last edited by VitaType,

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might sound like an asshole but
Switch and PC, i can see that but i don't understand PS4
PS5 is coming out this year, it'd make sense to wait and port it to the ps5. and if it isn't shit, maybe the Xbox series x

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Might sound like an asshole but
Switch and PC, i can see that but i don't understand PS4
PS5 is coming out this year, it'd make sense to wait and port it to the ps5. and if it isn't shit, maybe the Xbox series x
with so many delays anything released on ps4 next couple of months is what is needed - plus why ps5 when its just an updated wii u game-ps5 owners want to be playing proper ps5 games and this game wont be on ther mind when theyl want to play the new games - plus ps4 should sel mor as of course massive userbase

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with so many delays anything released on ps4 next couple of months is what is needed - plus why ps5 when its just an updated wii u game-ps5 owners want to be playing proper ps5 games and this game wont be on ther mind when theyl want to play the new games - plus ps4 should sel mor as of course massive userbase
in which that massive userbase will immediately jump to the PS5 once it's released. Also, if people are buying remakes of PS1 games on the PS4, i'm pretty sure PS5 users will be happy with wii u games coming to PS5. I mean, it's the fucking wii u, it didn't sell well. Every gem on that system should immediately migrate to another more successful system, and Switch, PS5 and PC are the best choice.

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
in which that massive userbase will immediately jump to the PS5 once it's released. Also, if people are buying remakes of PS1 games on the PS4, i'm pretty sure PS5 users will be happy with wii u games coming to PS5. I mean, it's the fucking wii u, it didn't sell well. Every gem on that system should immediately migrate to another more successful system, and Switch, PS5 and PC are the best choice.
not everyone wil be able to afford ps5 on launch day surly you kno it takes time for a console to hav a massive userbase-so as the usebase for ps4 is strong thts the best option to achieve mor sales-if i buy a ps5 launch day im not gonna be thinking of a port to play no matter how good a game is-youl want to try the new games

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not everyone wil be able to afford ps5 on launch day surly you kno it takes time for a console to hav a massive userbase-so as the usebase for ps4 is strong thts the best option to achieve mor sales-if i buy a ps5 launch day im not gonna be thinking of a port to play no matter how good a game is-youl want to try the new games
It's quite the opposite for me actually
I'm mostly getting a PS5 for ps4 backwards compatibility, since i missed out on it. Lotsa good games on there, can't let them go unplayed

DANTENDO

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's quite the opposite for me actually
I'm mostly getting a PS5 for ps4 backwards compatibility, since i missed out on it. Lotsa good games on there, can't let them go unplayed
thts why then we are hav different opinions lol ive pld all the top ps4 games and the ps5 is much needed though of course it may hav a slow start noone really konws what games are gonna be available for first 6 months

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking