Hacking Plastic thing in DS

Chaz.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I have just bought a new shell for my original DS and whilst taking it apart a clear plastic thing dropped out. I know what it's for but I have no idea where it went. Can anyone show me where or tell me where to put it?

Also how do you change the volume button? I knocked it out when putting it back together and I can't hear music now.

Please help asap cheers.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Clear plastic thing... possibly LEDs for the power? Wait no, original DS Phat so that's attached to the mobo. Sorry can't think what you've knocked out there.

Volume button should have come with your case, slot it in between the motherboard and the case where the volume slider is supposed to be.

Do that and hope you haven't bricked it (no offence but you make it sound like you've done a real shoddy job of it)

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as above its for the LED power and CHARGE when you replace the case fully it does not come attached to the casing ... did the same thing myself when I first did a PHAT case change
smile.gif

Chaz.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
IT charges fine and all lights are up, it works fine, the plastic thing came out of the hinge, its like two humps on a square bottom, and its in repair now, so wont really matter now but they wont replace the clear thing, only the volume. The guy said I've completely knackered the volume part so hes going to change the that part anyway.

The clear thing is to stop the top screen for dropping all the way back if that helps, I just don't know where it fits in the hinge. Will post a picture When I can find my USB cable for my phone.

EDIT:

Here it is I have to pictures of it.

17012010395.jpg

17012010404.jpg

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this a DS Phat or a DSlite? I'm confused. You said original DS in the post which would refer to a DS fat.
On a DSPhat that fits in on the bottom right of the case and on a DSLite that fit in on the right part of the hinge (where the LEDs fit)

Nicely done knackering your volume slider, next time be a bit more careful and take some pictures every step perhaps this costly repair job will teach you a bit. If your DS is back from repair and the hinge doesn't sound right take it back to the guys and see if they'll fix it for free (since it was something they missed)

Chaz.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a cheap replacement, It needs resoldering, DS Phat, There is also a silver thing with white ends loose in the hinge, could that be the problem? They said they cant fix the hinge just the volume button, shouldnt cost much anyway because I go to him alot for pc components.

I have a DSi aswell, so not really fussed I just wanted it to be useful again (for guitar Hero games) Which is why I need the volume button working more than anything. When I get it back the LED covers going straight back cheers for the useful information! Just the hinge I'm worried about, I don't want the top screen flying off when doing a solo!

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm...sounds like you broke the hinge piece somehow...any chance of a picture of these bits of plastic that are loose in the hinge once you have it back. It may require a replacement part.

I don't understand how you managed to knacker this thing so much.... breaking the solder on the volume, loosing the LED lens, I'm surprised you didn't tear the ribbon cable while you were at it. Be careful
lecture.gif

Chaz.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't lose the LED lens, I didn't put it back in
tongue.gif
, I thought I had knackered it because the bottom screen stayed white for a second but turned on after. I'll get a few pictures when it is finally back, looks pretty though!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself