Plastic latch for joycon R and disconnection for joycon L

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Llama01, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Llama01
    OP

Llama01 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2017
    United States
    The plastic latch is barely worn out (just a bit from the top) but now the joycon (R) will just slide out. Also, my left joycon has disconnection issues. I saw somewhere (forgot where) that if you put some insulation tape or something like that, it will mostly fix joycon issues.

2. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    Dunno about the first one, but as for the left Joycon 0 you can add a piece of conductiv foam inside the JoyCon to mitigate the issue, HOWEVER, you need to take it apart, which includes need for a tri-wing screwdriver and ungluing the battery, and it also voids warranty. It's best to get it fixed under warranty, it's free and you only have to send in the joycon (and proof of purchase), not the whole console.

3. Llama01
    OP

Llama01 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2017
    United States
    Thanks! I'm moving soon so I will probably get it done after I move. Do I need to send it to nintendo support or whatever or a place where you can buy the switch like best buy?

4. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    I'm honestly not sure, in my country Nintendo doesn't deal with warranty stuff directly, but from what I know they do in the US. Your best bet would be to contact them (they have some chat with support somewhere on their NA site)

Llama01 likes this.