OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
500x_pvz.jpg

Just got done with an entertaining meeting with some of the top people behind Plants Vs. Zombies, Bejeweled, Peggle and Zuma. They don't talk much about future plans, but made Kotaku readers one guarantee.

"I promise your readers there will be a Plants Vs. Zombies 2 in the next one to 10 years." Popcap co-founder John Vechey told me. Popcap is the studio behind the hit PvZ game.

Kind of a useless prediction, we agreed, but at least he confirmed that it won't be out in the coming year. A sequel, though, is guaranteed. This from a man, Vechey, who apparently keeps his word. He and a couple of colleagues told me that he occasionally challenges people at his company to stop smoking. He challenged one guy to quit and said he'd give him a flat-screen TV if he did. The guy quit for a year and got the TV.

Possibly breaching journalism ethics rules I asked if all of Kotaku's readership could get a free TV each if PvZ2 doesn't ship in the decade. He wouldn't make that promise, but said I would get one if the sequel failed to come out.

The most recent Plants Vs. Zombies shipped for iPad last weekend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs