Plans for a Fan Translation of Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X (and its original)

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by zeroultima6, Oct 23, 2018.

1. zeroultima6
    OP

zeroultima6 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2017
    United States
    Its been a long time since the translation of the PS1 version of Phantasia came out, but there are some people who haven't played the PSP version
    in English (yet), I need someone (3 at least) to willingly translate the key elements (Menu, Story, NPCs, Etc.) to fully experience the game. All you need is a script and hacking skills (depends of the difficuly) as you go throughout the story and side missions. I have one of the scripts to provide BTW.

Will this be a reality?

Malckyor, Zero Dozer and NANASHI89 like this.
  2. xtreme1
    This message by xtreme1 has been removed from public view by WeedZ, Oct 24, 2018, Reason: Off topic one word post.
    Oct 23, 2018
  3. crimsonwolf8439

crimsonwolf8439 Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    If the people you are recruiting are going to be hacking, scripting and translating, what are you doing?

4. zeroultima6
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2017
    United States
    Play testing to see if i encounter any bugs (if any)

5. Kitsu-neechan

Kitsu-neechan Coffee makes your kokoro go doki doki

Apr 9, 2015
    Finland
    im sorry but that's not how translating games works.
    translating games takes a lot of work. not "oguise, i playtest haxt this for me kthx"

will it be a reality? maybe, maybe not, but you can pretty much be sure that it has nothing to do with you or your request of getting it done, since you are not offering anything to assist in getting it done.

JamRules and crimsonwolf8439 like this.
  6. riesyukira

riesyukira Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2016
    Yeah, sorry to burst your bubble but unless if you can take at least 30-50% of the workload for creating a fan translation then just forget about it.

No one will take you seriously, i mean c'mon, they do all the work and you'll just sit back and play test the game?

crimsonwolf8439 likes this.
  7. HoaiTrung97

HoaiTrung97 Hikikomori-Senpai

Aug 15, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya New Generation
    I think you really are a dictator. You can not do a project, when you have no any skills at all about it. (o・_・)

8. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Do you already have a translation spreadsheet of the old text and the new text to replace?

If you do, why don't you release that instead?

9. zeroultima6
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2017
    United States
    Not a bad idea, but i have to go though the entire game (at least story-wise) to search each and every text which does take a long awhile but i'm used to it.

10. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I wonder if you're aware of the menu translation that got "leaked" awhile back?

11. zeroultima6
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2017
    United States
    I'm aware and i saw that spreadsheet awhile back.

Edit: and it has been abandoned too so i might use it as a base.

Last edited by zeroultima6, Oct 24, 2018
    DarthDub likes this.
  12. Carlos_DobleC

Carlos_DobleC GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2016
    Spain
    That Absolute Zero stopped translating was a hard blow (ToP is my inconditional favorite).

I have entered quite excited I have to say hahaha, but hey, if you really want / can do something, take advantage of the NDX menu patch (0.12 is the latest version), and translate the Phantasia X menus (I've already lost a save for making mistakes with the menus).

EDIT: You can even use the Phantasian Translations script for ToP X and the one from Kevassa (incomplete) for NDX.
    And for Rody dialogues, Kevassa again (YT channel, some Rody translate dialogue videos are missing).

PS: Some Phantasia spam -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/anyone-here-with-knowledge-of-ps1-gamesharks.521413/

Last edited by Carlos_DobleC, Oct 24, 2018
    Zero Dozer likes this.
  13. zeroultima6
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2017
    United States
    I even found the spreadsheet awhile back pertaining to it, and as for ToP X, does it use the same dialogue as the ps1 version aside from the new ones? If it is, I might add it the spreadsheet.

14. Carlos_DobleC

Carlos_DobleC GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2016
    Spain
    As far as I know, yes, use the same dialogues

15. Zero Dozer

Zero Dozer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2014
    Brazil
    Santo André, Brazil
    So, this also means no one will translate Spectral Force Legacy as well, as the person who requested it knows jack shit on Japanese and has nothing to offer on coding. Nice way to put it, guys.

JamRules likes this.