Gaming Planning to hack a 360

SeanoRLY?

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alrighty, so I've decided to invest in a 360. The main reason is because I've heard that a 360 can be hacked and can play backups easily, whilst keeping the ability to go online with these said backups.

I've read through many tutorials, watched videos, etc and feel that I could do this at home with my (future) 360. I just need a few things cleared up.

1. I've got an ASUS P5K-R motherboard with the P35 chipset. Will I be able to flash a 360 drive with this, or should I consider buying a VIA SATA card?
2. What steps would I take to make sure that I'm as "stealthed" as possibly whilst playing games online? I'm sure at least a few of you must do this. Care to tell me how long you've been doing it for, and any safety measures you take?
3. What discs do you use to backup your games? Verbatim are the most used, but I was wondering if I'd be able to use something like this as Verbatims are kinda expensive, or maybe I just suck at finding them for a decent price.
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

I'll just use this topic for anything new that comes up.

Offtopic: Anyone got a 360 w/ 20gb Hard Drive and accessories? 8D Maybe I'll post in the trading section
tongue.gif

Pici

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can every xbox 360 be hacked ? If yes, is there some mothods : like one method for one drive etc

SeanoRLY?

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as I know, every drive can be hacked, yes. Although some seem more troublesome than others.

Textbook's guide seems to be the best. Offtopic recommended it too in the link above.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
offtopic84 said:
You only need 1 tutorial. http://www.360mods.net/Downloads/get=61.html

That chipset will only work with Hitachi or MS25 Samsung drives, you have to open it to see the latter. All scene releases are stealth patched. PM'ed link to Verbatims. (Don't spread said link)

It'll work fine for all , not just for ms25 and hitachi. Ms28 and benq will flash , you'll just have to solder a switch to unlock the drive for writing rather than it being 100% software.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
offtopic84 said:
You only need 1 tutorial. http://www.360mods.net/Downloads/get=61.html

That chipset will only work with Hitachi or MS25 Samsung drives, you have to open it to see the latter. All scene releases are stealth patched. PM'ed link to Verbatims. (Don't spread said link)

It'll work fine for all , not just for ms25 and hitachi. Ms28 and benq will flash , you'll just have to solder a switch to unlock the drive for writing rather than it being 100% software.
Thats one scary armadillo avatar picture **eek!

jalapeno

Trophies
XP
Country
for best results/

DVD+R DL [DVD-R DL wont work]
2.4x [high speeds work, but it only takes 40 minutes a burn]
Verbatim [Made in Singapore]

Pioneer drives work the best i've heard,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat