planning to go from 2.0b to 1.2 Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CIH137, Dec 23, 2013.

1. CIH137
    OP

CIH137 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    I am having issues with games not closing and saving correctly. I am not playing link between worlds or anything so I wanted to go back to 1.2. is it as easy as replacing the launcher.dat?

2. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Yes it is

CIH137 likes this.
  3. Runehasa

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    I wouldnt be too hasty. According to the emails I have received from Gateway the new update should be out any day which is aimed primarily at 7.1 support as well as the bug fixes from the beta we are on now. In the mean time there is a trick to make sure your saves actually save

What I have discovered is if it closes out of the game once and saves it will do it the remainder of the times you try while booted into emunand that time. What this means is as soon as you start a game immediately close out of the game and see if it closes properly. If it does you should be safe to play from there on out. If it freezes simply repeat the process till it doesnt.

4. bouhrassa

bouhrassa Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2010
    Canada
    Use the power button to close the game, not home. It will save and won't freeze.

5. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    I've confirmed through personal experience that this does not work 100% of the time.

6. Runehasa

Runehasa GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    Ohio
    I can confirm that as well. Safest bet is to do a test close soon as you start up the game. Ive found 100% of the time so far if the first time closes properly so will the 2nd time

7. PolyChrome

PolyChrome Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2013
    Brazil
    I just press 'home' in-game, wait 5~6 seconds, then press 'x' to close the game.

8. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    no thats nonsense, only method to be sure, that it will safe properly is the beforementioned test close
    if the test close works, then closing and saving will work until you shut down the 3ds or reload gateway mode, then you gotta test close again
    waiting wont work. if you got the bug, then you got the bug. period. if test close works, then you got no bug until next gateway mode loading. period.

9. ルミンキョ

ルミンキョ Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2013
    What works for me is going to the home menu then opening something like activity log. It'll exit the game and save it.

10. CIH137
    OP

CIH137 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for all the advice. I already went back to 1.2 in the mean time. Haven't had any issues, but a link between worlds is on my list so I'll have to go back to the beta sometime, unless the actual is released soon.