Planning to buy a Supercard DSTWO, will a new one come out soon?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Fire1Fly, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Fire1Fly
    OP

Fire1Fly Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    Hi everyone!
    I'm considering getting a supercard, but I'm wondering if I should wait until a 3ds version comes out. I would like to play ds games again as I have a very old r4 card that doesn't work now. However I wouldn't want to spend the money on the supercard, then have a 3ds version released later. What should I do?

edit: Also would the supercard be the best flashcart to buy now?

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    if one did come out then it would probably be another gateway clone but bundled with a supercard instead

just get the supercard, it works with the latest 3ds firmware

3. Fire1Fly
    OP

Fire1Fly Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    After looking around it looks like it might be awhile till the 3ds on the latest firmware is hacked. Is there a similar 3ds-DS combo like supercard so I can just buy one bundle? Or is it still worth it just to stick with supercard and wait?

4. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Stick with the DSTwo. It's easily the best equipped DS flashcart and is updated quite quickly for latest 3DS firmware.

All 3DS flashcarts have a few flaws in them so it may take a while for a DSTwo type cart for 3DS to appear.

5. Fire1Fly
    OP

Fire1Fly Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2014
    United States
    Thanks, looks like supercard it is. I took a look at shoptemp and it seems eachmall has the cheapest price, seems to also have a $5 coupon I could potentially use.
    Would that be my best bet on buying it. I can't seem to find any pre owned sales of it. Looked all over google and ebay and nothing there :(.

6. DarkKnigh_t

DarkKnigh_t GBAtemp Fan

Oct 30, 2013
    Croatia
    Zagreb, Croatia
    you cant sell flashcards on ebay but most people who buy dstwo never sell it and if they do it sells in matter of minutes :)