Planning to buy a R4 DS

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by DChiuch, Apr 1, 2007.

Apr 1, 2007

Planning to buy a R4 DS by DChiuch at 5:17 AM (1,021 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. DChiuch
    OP

Newcomer DChiuch Member

Australia
    Hi all.

I'm planning to buy a flash cart, and i'm leaning towards an R4 DS. My question is, is there any advantage to buying a M3 DS Simply or EZ-FLASH V instead?

I already own an Ewin2. Will I be able to transfer my save files over to the new carts?

Thanks,
    DChiuch.

2. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    its the same thing as m3 simply. literally. the ezflash i dunno...a big plus is the expansion that works with the EZFLASHV though...

i own a ewin2 and r4 as well, i'll try to see saves can be transferred for ya

edit:

it works

3. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    R4 makes M3 simply, they use the same parts in R4 in M3 simply, the company M3 pays R4 to make them for them, on the earlier batches of the card, there was a s switch inside and you could interchange them, but as for ez flash V and R4/M3 simply, the R4/M3 has a spring loader meaning when you stick the micro sd card in, it clicks in place and you just press down and it shoots out, the problem is sometimes the springs are defectiive, on the EZ flash V, you need to pry it out with your nails, the ez flash v is also sold with a gba/ram/expansion pack that lets it play gba games, cheat on roms, and rumbles, of course if you buy a R4 or M3 simply you can buy the Ez flash expansion pack separately, versus buying it bundled with the ez flash v, so its up to you, all of them work pretty much the same, although as of right now its easier to use the ez flash v expansion on a ez flash v card of course but people have made their own hacks to use them on R4 etc... that work.

4. DChiuch
    OP

Newcomer DChiuch Member

Australia
    Thanks for that, yeah, I knew they were the same card, those two. Is there any difference in how fast firmware updates are released?

EDIT: Also, can both be used as a PassMe type thing?

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    R4 gets updates first. It takes M3 a few days to rebrand the firmware before they release it for the Simply.