Hacking Planning on Migrating to another Flashcard - need suggestions

TifasRevenge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Forum, this is my first post. Since I saw the website for the CycloDS Evolution go down, and no new firmware released for it in a while, I am now seriously considering, like many of the rest of you, to buy a different flash cart. I am the current owner of 2 of these devices, and both are on DS Lites with EZ Flash V 3 in 1 for GBA playability. However, I have a few questions on which I should buy, and how to migrate all of my data.

1. Simply, which flashcart is the current best hands down and most up to date?
2. I also need GBA playability in the new cart similar to the CycloDS, and need to know which current flash carts will support DLDI autopatching such as the CycloDS does and loading GBA games from the SLOT-2 device for 100% playability.
3. Better SNES emulation would be a plus, as SNESEMUL just isn't cutting it for me at all this point.
4. Need to have a team that is constantly active as the Cyclops team used to be, and continued support for the product.
5. I'm not planning on getting a DSi or DsiXL, but will get a 3DS when they come out, I just need a replacement cart for my CycloDS.

Carts I have looked at so far: Super Card DS2, Acekard 2i

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Supercard DSTWO
2. Supercard DSTWO
3. Supercard DSTWO
4. Supercard DSTWO
5. Supercard DSTWO

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TifasRevenge said:
Hello Forum, this is my first post. Since I saw the website for the CycloDS Evolution go down, and no new firmware released for it in a while, I am now seriously considering, like many of the rest of you, to buy a different flash cart. I am the current owner of 2 of these devices, and both are on DS Lites with EZ Flash V 3 in 1 for GBA playability. However, I have a few questions on which I should buy, and how to migrate all of my data.

1. Simply, which flashcart is the current best hands down and most up to date?
2. I also need GBA playability in the new cart similar to the CycloDS, and need to know which current flash carts will support DLDI autopatching such as the CycloDS does and loading GBA games from the SLOT-2 device for 100% playability.
3. Better SNES emulation would be a plus, as SNESEMUL just isn't cutting it for me at all this point.
4. Need to have a team that is constantly active as the Cyclops team used to be, and continued support for the product.
5. I'm not planning on getting a DSi or DsiXL, but will get a 3DS when they come out, I just need a replacement cart for my CycloDS.

Yeah I'm thinking of the same thing too. I think I'll get a SCDS2. The best flash card out right now IMO.
Oh and welcome to GBATemp!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
if you really don't give two shits about all the bells and whistles like GBA and full sNES support like I do, go with an Acekard 2. AKAIO is the shit.

Just read your post. Get a DSTWO. Slot 2 carts are a pain in the ass.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TwinRetro said:
if you really don't give two shits about all the bells and whistles like GBA and full sNES support like I do, go with an Acekard 2. AKAIO is the shit.

Just read your post. Get a DSTWO. Slot 2 carts are a pain in the ass.

But AKAIO has not been updated in a little bit.

I would say get a DSTWO. Since it has really been above most AP recently. even in pokemon.

But I am not saying the Aceakrd is a bad choice, since it is fine.

So, just read the GBAtemp review for both. then pick

Also, Welcome
smile.gif

edit: Sorry Retro
frown.gif

TifasRevenge

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gariscus said:
1. Supercard DSTWO
2. Supercard DSTWO
3. Supercard DSTWO
4. Supercard DSTWO
5. Supercard DSTWO

Supercard DSTWO!!!!! LOL That reminds me of the Angry Video Game Nerd Episode, Superman, where he goes nuts about reviewing Superman 64. I think I'll get that one, thanks guys!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went from a CycloDS to a DS2 and I'm extremely happy.

Setting up the MicroSDHC for the cart is not hard at all and can be done in seconds. After the basic setup, you can more in depth with plug-ins and stuff.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same question. Only I don't have a DSi, only a Lite. I already have a Supercard DSOne. Should I just stick with that? I haven't used it in so long, and haven't kept up with the Supercard Team process.

So should I stick with the DSone, or is there a different cart with better support for the Lite?

Thanks.

markvn

Trophies
Website
homebrewds.websitemaker.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I think you should go for a SuperCard DS2...
But if you want a cheaper one, go for an AceKard 2i or EZ Flash Vi.
I prefer the last one, because it has more emulation options, it gets updated more often, and that for almost the same price as AK...

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
I'd stick with the DSONE, unless you specifically want the emulation options the DSTWO provides.

Nah...emulation on the DS doesn't interest me at all(I have pretty much perfect emulation on the Wii). So I'll stick with the DSone. Looks like good ol' Supercard Team is still cranking out updates and supporting the cart. Probably will only buy Supercard from now on.

Thanks for the reply.

Kazooie77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone I was thinking to do the same thing. I do not like the support the CycloDS or the lack of. I've read reviews on the Super Card One and AceKard2.1. Now Here the deal. They both look good. I looked up both for price SC $23.00 and the AceKard2.1 $16.00. I'm not worred about GBA support since I still own a M3 slot two card that does the GBA support great. So do I got with the cheaper one or the SC one?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the reason you're switching is because of lack of updates, then you'd have to choose Supercard 2 since the Acekard (AKAIO) isn't being updated much either.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
TifasRevenge said:
1. Simply, which flashcart is the current best hands down and most up to date? DSTWO
2. I also need GBA playability in the new cart similar to the CycloDS, and need to know which current flash carts will support DLDI autopatching such as the CycloDS does and loading GBA games from the SLOT-2 device for 100% playability. DSTWO
3. Better SNES emulation would be a plus, as SNESEMUL just isn't cutting it for me at all this point. DSTWO
4. Need to have a team that is constantly active as the Cyclops team used to be, and continued support for the product. DSTWO
5. I'm not planning on getting a DSi or DsiXL, but will get a 3DS when they come out, I just need a replacement cart for my CycloDS. DSTWO

wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: afternoon