GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Since I missed almost every game of after 2003 (cuz of my great GeForce MX440), wanted to grab some games that are available on 360 from that time, like F.E.A.R., Perfect Dark Zero, Quake IV, Prey, Kameo, etc.
But suddenly I wondered, "oh wait, its 2008 and those games are mostly from 05 or 06, should I bother?", So I know there are not that much of 360 fans here but I feel here at home to ask, do you think I would enjoy playing them?

Its strange that I see like Perfect Dark Zero impressed GameSpot's reviewer with its graphics, but does it still now or that statement is just valid for 2005?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think you should play old games and expect quality visual. 05 games still show off what 360 is capable of (to eyes trained to PS2/GC/XBox) but graphics have vastly improved since then.
I don't think it will "impress" you, but you would probably think "This is not bad for a two-year-old game"

The bottom line is though, I think the games you listed are decent and still worth playing in 2008. Kameo is one of the few platformers for 360, if you like it (or were disappointed), check out Crash of the Titans too.

Jarjaxle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i got my 360 in october and i have the games you mentioned. F.E.A.R. is ok but i dont really see what the big deal about it is and i also think its harder then the average fps but that could just be me. Perfect Dark is an average game its ok but certainly not something that will wow you, but it is kind of cool playing against bots in multiplayer if you like. quake 4 is said to have alot of framerate issues but i didnt really have many problems with that i still found it playable and i beat the game. If you like doom 3 then you will probaly like prey it can be pretty cool, it has a decent story but i never played it online. Kameo i have never really cared for because i didnt really like the controls for it but i think its a game you either hate or you like it so maybe rent it, its up to you.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
F.E.A.R.
I played it after midnight with lights off and with 7.1 surround. (My roommates were all awake so I could turn the volume up a bit) There were two occasions that freaked me out, one was when I accidentally kicked a can. It started from the rear speakers and moved to the front. The other, I won't spoil.

The battles were fun, I like bullet time what can I say. Doubt many people are online, it's not too long to beat and has a story.

Chief_Second

Trophies
XP
Country
i did the same thing and got the following 2nd hand on the cheap which were impressive.

Project gotham 3 - £3 (brilliant game!)
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 - £3 (bad graphics big massive online)
Ghost Recon - £5 (good tactical, amazing graphics)
Splinter Cell - £5 (brilliant game)
Perfect Dark (non-serious, good fun!)
Rainbox 6 - £10 (best multiplayer ever)
Gears of War - £14 (best graphics i've seen)
Fight Night r3 - £15 (fav game on and offline)

all for £60 and months of enjoyment!!!!!

i'll hit gta4 when it's reduced to £15 in time!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.