Hacking Planning on buying it.

Hatashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already got an AceKard, but I was not entirely satisfied.
I heard the Flash (If I may call it like that), had some more capabilities like real time saving and more, is this right?
Doesn't the package also come with an extra stylus and something? Or am I thinking about something else now?
And if not, what does it come with?

Also, could someone please pull up that table of all those different flash cards? Since I can clearly remember the Flash was considered #2, DSTwo being #1, only thing from buying DSTwo is the excessive use of the battery.
And not to forget, I live in The Netherlands, what online retailer could get it to me the fastest?
Could someone also post a few pictures or maybe a clear video of its interface? Just because I'm a real graphics kind of guy, and I love to mess with them.

And as last, does it support DSi firmware 1.4.1?

Before anyone tells me to look above for retailers, I only see US/Asian ones there, and yeah, I bought hundreds items, hundreds times from US/Asian shops online, but I don't like the fact that it takes them 5 weeks to ship the item to me.

Sausage Head

Lord Sausage LXIX
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
1 - Don't buy R4 clones.

2 - You can't play GBA games natively unless you're on a DS/Lite and using a GBA-slot card as well, like the EZ-Flash 3-in-1. If you're on a DSi/Xl your only real choice is the Supercard DSTwo, which can emulate GBA games, but doesn't play them perfectly.

cardchart.gif

Note that the prices given are from chinese shops.
If you order from a shop in another country it's more expensive.

[*]The original R4.
NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i NDSLL", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution For DS".

The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play games on a DS/Lite.

[*]R4i Gold
The cheap card for somebody that wants to play games on a DSi with more storage.

[*]Acekard 2i
Mid-range card for people that want to play games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.

[*]EZ-Flash Vi
Higher-end card with even more features.

[*]Supercard DSTwo
Pretty much the ultimate card right now.

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Auto Ap Bypass
    Some carts have special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first. The Acekard only has partial support for this right now.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

Do you mean the EZ-Flash by "Flash"?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatashi said:
I already got an AceKard, but I was not entirely satisfied.
I heard the Flash (If I may call it like that), had some more capabilities like real time saving and more, is this right?

Yes it has RTS. But to be honest it's pretty flaky in games using 3D. Quite a bit more stable w/ 2D games though. The DS2's RTS shares the same problem, but is a bit more stable in either mode.

It also has in game guides.

Hatashi said:
Doesn't the package also come with an extra stylus and something? Or am I thinking about something else now?
And if not, what does it come with?

Depends. You can get the cart all by itself or for a couple bucks more you can get the deluxe package which comes w/ a USB microSD stick, telescoping stylus, and a finger stylus.

Hatashi said:
Also, could someone please pull up that table of all those different flash cards? Since I can clearly remember the Flash was considered #2, DSTwo being #1, only thing from buying DSTwo is the excessive use of the battery.

The DS2 isn't that hard on the battery, in my experience, unless you are using it's in-built CPU. The time it shaves off just playing DS homebrew or ROMs is negligible when compared to the EZ5. Running DS2 emulators/software at full clock on the DS2's CPU, OTOH, takes a huge toll on battery life... But really, I think one should expect that.

Hatashi said:
And not to forget, I live in The Netherlands, what online retailer could get it to me the fastest?

Sorry, live in The States and never ordered a flash cart from anywhere in Europe, can't help.

QUOTE(Hatashi @ Feb 14 2011, 09:49 AM)
Could someone also post a few pictures or maybe a clear video of its interface? Just because I'm a real graphics kind of guy, and I love to mess with them.

The system software is a Moonshell 2 derivative. The skinning engine is fairly powerful, you could make the interface look just about however you want. The file list is limited to either small icons or large ones, though.

Here's a collection, though most people have stuck w/ using similar layouts and such to the sample skins that come w/ the firmware. I converted the old the old GBAtemp one in the sticky to the new firmware and I'm using that currently (I like it, OK?).

You could try downloading the skinner and see what it's capable of to see if it will do what you want.

QUOTE(Hatashi @ Feb 14 2011, 09:49 AM)
And as last, does it support DSi firmware 1.4.1?

Of course, in fact the EZVi was not blocked by 1.4.x in the first place.

Edit: If you hadn't guessed from reading my post and if you care, I have both an EZ5 and a SCDS2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn