Hacking Planning on buying a vita

anthony001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I wanna buy a vita but i have a few questions
1.) will i be able to run wololo cfw to play homebrew?
2.) what are some good games on vita that has nice multiplayer, story, and gameplay mechanics?
3.) is there a new modelo(sorry havent been updtaed on the scene)? like phat or slim?

pspunabletohack

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1.) Yes, With HBL but not many homebrews work
2.) Do a google search for top games you can also watch a game review on youtube before you buy it
3.) No there is only one Vita

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know much about the Vita but:

1) If you purchase a game that has an exploit before it gets patched, sure you're able to do it, but only in PSP mode and appears to be very limited from what I head.
2) Dunno about games, there's a Dinasty Warriors game tho, those are always awesome in terms of story and gameplay (for people that like the genre).
3) No, the Vita only came out a few months ago, why would there be another model so soon?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
220392-lumin.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
1)
THERE IS NO CFW FOR THE VITA
there is just VHBL, for running some homebrew,(NO BACK-UP OF ANY KIND)
if you have not bought the game(and installed it) needed for VHBL then you WILL NOT BE able to use VHBL

i only have Disgeae 3
there is not may game out yet

3. there only a wifi and 3g+wifi model

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now, Homebrew on the Vita is limited to PSP homebrew run through VHBL, as previously noted. If you already have a PSP, there is nothing new for Vita in Homebrew.

Game-wise, I have Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, which has a decent story and multiplayer as good as thouse you find to play with. There are still ragequits and "accidental" connection drops, just like the console versions.

There are 2 versions of the Vita. A wifi only, and a 3G enabled. The only difference in them is that the 3g version also has a gps. That, and the 3g version is more expensive. If your phone has a hotspot ability, use that and save some money in both unit cost and having to pay for another 3g service.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Vita is a great machine, you will love it. It is true that theres a lack of games, but it is temporary, soon we will have a respectable game library.

But if you dont have a portable console yet, Is better to buy a cheap, and full of games (DS, PSP) now, and save Vita for latter.

EDIT: I got MotorStorm RC for free on USA PSN, It is very good to play on single player, and has some multiplayer value (It is more like a time trial challange, but it is fun)

EDIT 2: I dont know if it still free

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Definitely UMVC3 for the latest perfect fast paced 60FPS action fighting game. It's got online battles which is my favorite bit cause you can troll your opponents and watch them rage quit/send hate messages to your PSN which you can then take screen shots of. I screenshot that shit and take a pic of the rage quit screen and post them on Facebook whilst telling them I'm gonna do it. Any other game ATM looks too slow to play and I don't have the attention span for long game play anymore.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I say wait until Sep-Oct and get Ragnarok Odyssey when it hits the US or get it right away if you know Japanese.

Also for imports get Gundam Seed Battle Destiny, it will be out in June, you won't need much Japanese if you watched the anime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)