OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi everyone,

I got a question about GW 3.0.
I have a 3ds XL on firmware 8.1.0E, if I buy a GW would I be able to play games without downgrading?
What are the benefits from downgrading, e.g. like downgrading from 8.1.0E to 4.5? Why did gateway add such a "bonus" feature?

I hope you guys can answer my questions.
Thanks in advance

N00b Smasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't need to downgrade to 4.x to use your GW. But doing so has plenty of benefits and little to no disadvantages:
  • You won't have to use the browser exploit to switch to GW mode, which requires an internet connection (unless you use the tethering method) and takes longer than the DS profile method.
  • You can run NTR CFW, which allows you to take screenshots, generate memory dumps, use cheats and patch games on the fly.
  • You can generate xorpads for ripping and editing games, as well as making .cias from .3ds roms.
The only possible disadvantage is that if you have apps or updates installed in your sysnand, you might not be able to use them after downgrading. Don't quote me on that, though. That's true when downgrading via .cias, but I'm not sure it happens when using the official GW method. But either way, you will still be able to use them in emunand, so it's no big loss.

Relentless88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks alot for your answers. I have no idea what all those advantages do, all I want is to be able to play some games and run homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: