Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You have two choices for carts that have proper support/updates.
[*]Acekard 2i
  • Price: ~$16
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
[*]Supercard DSTwo
  • Price: ~$35
cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Clean Mode
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

Hatashi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for being so late on giving an answer.
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

I think I'm going with the AceKard 2.1
Since all those extra features that the DSTwo has don't appeal to me.

I had a hacked PSP, and I didn't like the Homebrew at all, I just want a card for games, so Ace is the best choice right?
Another question, does anyone know any reliable stores I could buy an Acekard from?

EDIT: Found a store.
http://www.dscartshop.com/acekard-2i-card-...l-xl_p4243.html

What is ''Multi Card Reader'' and ''TF Card Reader''?
That is needed to connect the MicroSD to my PC right?

Which one of them should I get?

D

Deleted-246289

ARE YOU KIDDING???? THE 3DS will come out in 2 months, and you are planning to buy a DSi?? I'd say to wait for the 3DS, because if you buy the DSi I don't think you will enjoy it because the companies will stop creating games for the DSi.
And if you want to play wi fi with others you will not find much people on the wifi.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
MJaoune said:
ARE YOU KIDDING???? THE 3DS will come out in 2 months, and you are planning to buy a DSi?? I'd say to wait for the 3DS, because if you buy the DSi I don't think you will enjoy it because the companies will stop creating games for the DSi.
So the currently-existing thousands of games don't count?
tongue.gif

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would recommend you the 3DS (like a lot of posters here), but I bought my DSi XL by Dixons too. It's about 170 euro's right now, I think, and the 3DS is only 70 euros more expensive. So you have to wait a few months after buying your 3DS, untill you can play .NDS files, but then you also have the newest Nintendo Handheld.

I recommend the 3DS, but there isn't anything wrong with a DSi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho