Planing on selling my games. How to install them?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Dan-the-Rebirth, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Dan-the-Rebirth
    OP

Dan-the-Rebirth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    Hey i installed haxchi, got myself a 1tb hdd and installed a few games via wup installer. Now i want to geht rid oft my old disc games.
    Whats the best way? I heard that is also possible to installiert disks.

2. Wahrrelasse

Wahrrelasse Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2016
    Gambia, The
  3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    FlappyFalco likes this.
  4. fowler002

fowler002 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2013
    I've recently hacked my Wii u and have started to dump my games, can you dump more than one game(one after the other) as long as you have space on the sd card or do you have to keep deleting the dump files off the sd card after installing the game on your Wii u/hdd?

5. gamemasteru03

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    I do this all the time to get money!!! So I have become the pro. Here's a guide to do it.

1)Using the app found here browse for the game you want to back up and download it. Then use the buuilt in comand to copy it to your sd.
    2)Turn on your wiiu with the sd in.
    3)go into system settings and data mangement and copy the game data from sysnand to usb.
    4)Go into haxchi then wup installer y and press x to install it and then wait.
    5)Your game should now be on the homemney along with your disk save data, dlc you brought, and the updates you downloaded while you had the disk.
    6)Take game disc go to gamestop and sell it!

6. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Yes, you can fill your SD card. Each title automatically goes into its own subdirectory.

7. fowler002

fowler002 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2013
    thanks for the reply, the guide says to make sure you have at least 25gb free and the app itself says 23.3gb(if I remember correctly. so does that mean you can't dumb any games if the card has less than that? if so you can only dump a couple of games depending of their size, unless you're using a 64gb+ sd card.

8. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Wudump will always use the whole ~23GB. Disc2app only needs free space equal to the size of the game you are dumping. But unless you already know how big the game is, how would you know how much free space is enough? All you know without external information is that it will be ~23GB or less.

Last edited by nexusmtz, Feb 20, 2017
  9. Dan-the-Rebirth
    OP

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    So i started to dump one of my games yesterday i thought it to be small...lego batman 2.... it dumps the disc for about 7hours now... how long will it take to dump smash bros then xD

10. StonedPurple

StonedPurple GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    It will take the same amount of time. It dumps the entire game disk, that's why it needs 23.3gb for each game. Then after you dump it you run it through another program to turn it into wup format and then it'll be it's true size.

11. Dan-the-Rebirth
    OP

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    its 4 GB and it took nearly 8h.....lol

12. StonedPurple

Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    What homebrew are you using to dump your games? I always use wudump and it takes about 2 hours max.

13. Dan-the-Rebirth
    OP

Jan 5, 2014
    Australia
    the above mentioned disc2app

14. StonedPurple

Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    Okay, well it seems like that program is basically the two that I use, but combined. That might be why it takes so long. Cause for me, I have to dump the game, put it on my computer and convert it into wup format, then put it back on the SD card and install it. Takes about 3 hours total. But for the end user it seems disc2app is a little more user friendly. Honestly I would just keep using disc2app if I were you. It takes longer but you only have to run one program and wait as apposed to running 3 and having to move the files back and forth 3-4 times.

15. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    It's easier to download them off Nintendo's servers with the Wii U USB Helper application. No idea if all your disc games are available online though.

16. fowler002

fowler002 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 3, 2013
    What memory card are you using?

I dumped Lego city under cover last night which is like 20gb and it only took a few hours, I didn't time it but if I recall correctly I started dumping it at like 9-10pm and it was done by 1am.

Just dumped starfox zero ane starfox guard one after the other, they're like several gb and it only took a hour or so.

While it's not an issue for me as I have unlimited downloads, people may have a monthly download limit. Also some ISPs may throw up a red flag if you're downloading 10s/100s of gb in a short period of time.

Last edited by fowler002, Feb 20, 2017
  17. Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States
    There is a new app in the WiiU sppstore that dumps just the ticket info. You could just dump your own tickets, then use the utikdownloadhelper.exe click on the ticket and download them from Nintendo. Then just install with wupinstaller. If you don't have fast/unlimited internet then dumping them maybe the best way.......Funny as I did this last month and for most of my library netted about $250 which I promptly put towards a Switch Pre-Order. Another plus is some games do perform better when loading from a fast (flash or hdd) usb device. DeusEX and ME3 showed some serious improvement coming off of USB while LegoCity, Splinter Cell and DKTF didn't improve much if at all. PS....never could get ME3 on the eShop so dumping (or getting someone elses WUD) is the only way to install it digitally.

18. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2015
    United States

$250 in games sold to gamestop?
    or craigslist ebay etc.