Hacking Plaisysupdater stuck on "Attempting svchax..."

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide for the DSiWare downgrade and now I'm trying to downgrade to 9.2 with Plaisysupdater. However, when I try to downgrade to 9.2.0. it it says--

Checking for am:u...
Could not find am:u handle!
Attempting svchax...

What's the am:u handle? It's been stuck on "Attempting svchax..." for a long time! Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Last edited by DrakeLyon,

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what's wrong per say, but you should make sure you have the proper downgrade files, the most up to date version of the downgrader. Also, make sure your nand has the 10.4 native firm (it's been patched).

Last edited by ishygdaft,

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
we need more information, your 3ds, the firmware you are trying with, if its on 11, did you downgrade the native firm, etc, are you using the guide?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did the DSiWare downgrade, so I'm on 11.0 (US O3DS) with a downgraded Native_Firm right? After finishing that tutorial I thought I was supposed to just use the latest Plaisysupdater to downgrade everything to 9.2.

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did the DSiWare downgrade, so I'm on 11.0 (US O3DS) with a downgraded Native_Firm right? After finishing that tutorial I thought I was supposed to just use the latest Plaisysupdater to downgrade everything to 9.2.
So you have the patched native firm, what's your entry point for the homebrew menu?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to say it but I thought so, browserhax is the most unstable exploit, if you can access the homebrew menu then you can go about installing OoThax, much cheaper.
Alright, I didn't think it could be something as simple as the homebrew entry point. When I find my Freaky Forms: Deluxe I'll finish it up then. Thanks a ton.

Reactions: ishygdaft

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to say it but I thought so, browserhax is the most unstable exploit, if you can access the homebrew menu then you can go about installing OoThax, much cheaper.
The OoThax installer doesn't work on 11.0. He'd have to get a Powersaves device.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope I'm right, I know browserhax has a high fail rate and doesn't allow the execution of certain file types.
You were right. The downgrade was successful :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why not just install menuhax?
It wouldn't let me install Menuhax on 11.0. I'm not sure that Menuhax supports it yet.. OR, if it does, then perhaps it couldn't because I had an older version from an earlier homebrew starter kit.

Reactions: ishygdaft

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1