Hacking Plailect's Guide, stuck at section IV of part 5. Won't boot?

N1XY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

After restoring "emuNAND_original.bin" the console just black screens. The troubleshooting doesn't seem useful as it's for the Old 3DS... I'm on a N3DSXL.

I've checked the file sizes match the ones online, everything has worked without error to this point. I can access Hourglass9, Luma etc. with no issues.

I've tried restoring emuNAND_original.bin a few times with no success, I also tried deleting the "NintendoDS" folder as that had caused me black screens earlier in the guide.

Appreciate any help!

N1XY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

I tried restoring "emuNAND_formatted.bin" and "sysNAND_original.bin" and got the same. I'll try my 9.2 sysNAND too. It's odd because all of these were working ok earlier in the guide... obviously.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

After restoring "emuNAND_original.bin" the console just black screens. The troubleshooting doesn't seem useful as it's for the Old 3DS... I'm on a N3DSXL.

I've checked the file sizes match the ones online, everything has worked without error to this point. I can access Hourglass9, Luma etc. with no issues.

I've tried restoring emuNAND_original.bin a few times with no success, I also tried deleting the "NintendoDS" folder as that had caused me black screens earlier in the guide.

Appreciate any help!

Have you tried booting the system without an SD card in?

N1XY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I removed them before taking that screenshot (just before moving my 9.2 sysNAND in). I assure you they have been there, at various stages.
sysNAND.bin and it's SHA are on there now.

Boured, I have tried booting without the SD for each backup so far, the console dies, I assume this is due to A9LHAX expecting an SD to be present?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I removed them before taking that screenshot (just before moving my 9.2 sysNAND in). I assure you they have been there, at various stages.
sysNAND.bin and it's SHA are on there now.

Boured, I have tried booting without the SD for each backup so far, the console dies, I assume this is due to A9LHAX expecting an SD to be present?

Correct it won't boot with SD. Unless you have it updated, but that's not the case here. Sounds like for whatever reason your NAND may be corrupt?

@N1XY on your SD card, in the Luma folder, is firmware.bin present?

Last edited by vb_encryption_vb,

N1XY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly?

I've just flashed 9.2 SysNAND and this is also going to black screen. So every NAND backup I've done (4) are black screening when restored to sysNAND - seems like I either have awful luck, or maybe Luma ins't cooperating? They have all worked previously when restored so they should be good?

For a bit of context, the entry point came from field runners, moved from an Old 3DS XL which I hardmodded and successfully downgraded yesterday - I have no idea if that could have introduced any problems.

A bit stuck now, all clever ideas welcome.

N1XY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the luma folder have firmware.bin inside it?

Ah ha, no it does not. I like where you're going with this..... (it's been a long time since I used forums, I've figured out how to use quotes again, looks like I might be learning 2 things this evening).

N1XY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a stupid question for you, where is firmware.bin? I'll show myself out after this.

EDIT: It's OK, I used google, I remembered the first rule of forums was to "USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!"

Last edited by N1XY,

N1XY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post but.... Boom, we're live and kicking in time for bed.

For anyone else encountering this:
  • Flashed "emuNAND_original.bin" (for the 5th time? no idea if that was the issue)
  • Ejected SD card in Hourglass9
  • Updated luma to version 6
Very odd seeing how the old version of Luma work yesterday on my O3DSXL! I'd love to know why this was causing issues.

Appreciate help @vb_encryption_vb and @Tenshi_Okami.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

• Flashed "emuNAND_original.bin" (for the 5th time? no idea if that was the issue)
Very odd seeing how the old version of Luma work yesterday on my O3DSXL! I'd love to know why this was causing issues.

If i recall, o3ds along with old luma required firmware.bin

N3ds with old luma would still require firmware.bin, but needs to be the n3ds version.

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait and soon there will be a better method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: