Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Got a first edition 3DS on 2.2 today, paid $40. Score.

Want to install a9lh, but there are .torrent files instead of the actual files. So yeah, what happened to the actual files, or can someone send them to me via PM? There used to at least be a mirror link on the site that led to the files. No reason to make something more complicated than it has to be...

Also. Can I directly install the a9lh release with the mini-cfw. or should I install normal a9lh THEN update?

Thanks.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
New problem, downloaded the files with an online torrent handler, but the 3DS simply does NOT load arm11.bin.

It simply has a glitched bottom screen. Pressing SELECT does not install anything.

Wat do

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, arm9loaderhax doesn't install. I've formatted the system, initialized the Internet Browser, redownloaded the safea9lh installer.

Like I said, old 3DS on 2.2 ofw. 2.2 is just as compatible as 2.1 by the way.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yep, arm9loaderhax doesn't install. I've formatted the system, initialized the Internet Browser, redownloaded the safea9lh installer.

Like I said, old 3DS on 2.2 ofw. 2.2 is just as compatible as 2.1 by the way.
You may need to use Cubic Ninja to dump OTP and update to 9.2 and install a9lh there - I think SafeArm9Installer is designed for 2.1. I could be wrong. This could be a good question to ask in its thread.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New problem, downloaded the files with an online torrent handler, but the 3DS simply does NOT load arm11.bin.

It simply has a glitched bottom screen. Pressing SELECT does not install anything.

Wat do

keep trying and be patient, make sure to initialize save data on the browser between tries. glitch screen means progress

Halvorsen

OP
Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
I've actually been trying for around two hours now. It worked first try on every single device before this. Should I try to downgrade to 2.1 or get an old version of safea9lhinstaller?

JayArRosario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only 2.1 can directly proceed to part 3 of Plailect's Guide. You have to do a cart update first. Then use Decrypt9 to do ctr transfer

UrjitRajpaul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
hi guys i need some help. so the guide says to download the torrent files. however it is taking forever. been waiting for a 2mb file for 8 hours now. are these files not accesible on mega or any other web download pahe. data_input_v3.zip and the latest fbi

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hi guys i need some help. so the guide says to download the torrent files. however it is taking forever. been waiting for a 2mb file for 8 hours now. are these files not accesible on mega or any other web download pahe. data_input_v3.zip and the latest fbi
If you don't mind waiting a few hours I will open BitTorrent and seed when I get home.

Edit: did you try the mirror links?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind waiting a few hours I will open BitTorrent and seed when I get home.

Edit: did you try the mirror links?

Plailect removed the mirror links a while ago. BT only. Silly kitty.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just tried the torrents. Both files downloaded in under 5 seconds after starting the torrents. Don't forget to enable DHT and Local Peer Discovery. Almost 60 seeders on each file. Definitely a problem on your end. Are you forwarding ports?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Plailect removed the mirror links a while ago. BT only. Silly kitty.
If they still exist (but are no longer published) you could find them on my page where I keep snapshots of the guide. (quantumc.at)
Edit: For the latest FBI google github FBI and go to the releases page.

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah that sucks. Hopefully people continue to seed stuff into the future.

Yeah. As I mentioned, plenty of seeds right now. I think enough people have it that you could easily request the files on that iso site. I also think it was switched to BT only to keep the sharing of the files alive, versus relying on a single, or two, mirrors that could be taken down.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)