Places to find technical in depth information?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by externalist, Feb 18, 2010.

1. externalist
    OP

externalist Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2010
    I'm currently looking at the Wiibrew Wiki and Wiibrew software hardware hacking forums, and hackmii irc logs.
    There is quite a bit of info there but it's all fragmented into small pieces and I'll have to take my time to read through all of it. Still, I always thought there would be a central place where all the important info goes through, maybe a forum or an irc channel, and maybe it is unofficial, but I'm having a hard time finding it. [​IMG] Does such place exist? Thanks.

2. giantpune

giantpune GBAtemp Addict

Apr 10, 2009
    United States
    the largest collection of information is on wiibrew. the both the wiki and forum there are good places to read. if you understand c code, read the source of libogc and wii apps to see what they are doing and how they talk back and forth with IOS. for IRC, check out #wiidev on efnet. but dont ask about warez and wads and cIOS or youll get a big fan ban.

3. wes11ph

wes11ph GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Afghanistan
    basement lvl-249
    he want a technical forum that never stops, and have all the info about wii...

truely i never saw such one

4. Jacobeian

Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 15, 2008
    Cuba
    the central place IS wiibrew wiki, most of the reverse-engineering job have been done by twiizers & co and explained in the wiki.
    Not everything is in there though, because it takes time & motivated people to be willing to feed it: you can also find some complementary informations in libogc sourcecode, YAGCD doc and Waninkoko/Hermes applications sourcecode.

on IRC, #wiidev and #hackmii are suitable channels but they are clearly anti-piracy so refrain from asking direct questions about that and don't expect people to help you without showing some effort on your side first