Places to buy gateway at 3.6.2 so I can use it on my new 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Modular511, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Modular511
    OP

Modular511 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    I looked around, They all say it only works to 9.2 but the newest beta firmware has support of up to 10.3, So I am looking into purchasing one, But I would imagine to update id need a 9.2 3ds. Also, As a small note, How do people run regular ds games on it?

2. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    It doesn't support 10.3 yet, but will sometime soon. The physical product is the same regardless of firmware, and you just use a minisd card to update the card itself.

3. Darklinkreturns

Darklinkreturns Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2014
    United States
    Any gateway can be updated to 3.6.2.
    Gateway team is working on support for 10.3, it doesn't have it already. Stay on 9.2 and use emunand.
    Any 3DS can be downgraded to 9.2 at this point.

Also, when you say "new 3ds", do you mean a 3DS unit which you have just recieved, or is it a N3DS (the model with the additional shoulder buttons and thumbstick)?

Last edited by Darklinkreturns, Jan 5, 2016
  4. jaykureno

jaykureno GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    First off, gateway doesn't support 10.3 yet. Secondly, The card itself is the same regardless off firmware version. Third, Downgrades are now possible and quite stable on EU/US O3DS.

5. Modular511
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Yeah I just seen haha So you just copy over the firmware files? Doesnt actually update the card itself like cyclods? Just runs the firmware files off the sd card?
    I have a new 3ds xl, And It even says in the downgrade app it can cause a brick. I am not trying to take that risk really.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

New 3ds on 9.9, Not trying to risk a brick

6. Jonna

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    Yep, when you download Gateway's firmware, you put their launcher.dat on your 3ds' SD card, and it updates that way. Take a look at their manual for a peek at how it works, it's on the downloads page on their website.

7. Modular511
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Ah okay, well cool I will snag one then! Any games that require a firmware update and dont work? Thats another question I have. Been holding off for a long while now, The sky3ds is janky in the way it works lol

8. Jonna

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    Usually any updates are released in cia form, no issues. I've been on a 9.2 emunand with Gateway since 9.2 came out and no problems playing any recent games that come out.

Modular511 likes this.