Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Some things that may need to be clarified:
  • The website belonging to our project is yet not uploaded, but will be within the next 24 hours.
  • There is no need to download and install the map manually if you're intending to play on my server. It will have a redirection service enabling you to download the map from an external server upon loading.
  • If you intend to try this map out on your own you're going to have to copy the "pl_canyon_alpha.bsp" file to your maps folder located in /Steam/steamapps/[username]/team fortress 2/tf/
  • This is merely an alpha version of the map meaning that it's playable. But that also means that there are some things that have yet to be fixed, are going to get fixed, or we do not know needs to be fixed yet in possible coming versions.
Some known problems:
  • The cart does not move exactly according to the tracks - this is not a bug, but rather a matter of having to align the path accordingly which takes a lot of time.
  • Some textures needs to be replaced.
  • A few areas are not properly displaced.
  • There are a few empty spaces which are intended to be filled in possible upcoming versions.
  • The end pit is completely open and if you're unlucky you can fall down into it.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll join in.
smile.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
falling in the hole that the nuke goes in has some awesome visual effects associated with it

pl_canyon_alpha0006.png

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is just an early guess, but looking at the picture, I think Red already has an advantage due to how narrow the ramp/walkway/track is. Sentry nests and Heavies are going to be mowing down a lot of people.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wait, isn't it coming Friday 16th?
That's today, right?

Also, I can't join tonight, got too much work for school unfortunately
frown.gif

I'll be able to play it tomorrow though, will probably be alone, but I don't care about that, I only play this map because I want to help you
grog.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
squall23 said:
This is just an early guess, but looking at the picture, I think Red already has an advantage due to how narrow the ramp/walkway/track is. Sentry nests and Heavies are going to be mowing down a lot of people.
That may very well be the case, but that's just the kind of thing we're trying to find out
smile.gif

D

Deleted-171178

FFFFF
I bought TF2/Gmpd 2 days ago, and my graphics card doesn't support it.
Have to either get a job or wait until my birthday to play it.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
*Cries* I really really want to but my Orange box is currently lost in the post!
frown.gif

I plan to ambush my postman tomorrow morning to find out what the bloody hell he did with it and teach him how to read, I lost 2 parcels this week and while I've found the larger one in the sorting office (which proves he's been delivering to the wrong house) this teeny tiny shove-it-through-the-letterbox one is still missing. Woe is me >_<

So no TF2 for me yet. Boo.
frown.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
link_xt said:
Map link not working :\
I will try joining the server now.
Fixed the link.

Thanks to all who have tested the map today. I have found a whole bunch of flaws with the map that could be improved and has gotten loads of new ideas. The question now is to find time to improve it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse