PKSM - AIO gen7 alternative to PCHex++ with integrated bank

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by EventAssistant, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    It may work that way with Gen 6-7, I'm not sure if it edits the saves in realtime or exports/edits/imports in one go. Either way, NDS .sav files from ROMs are NOT supported regardless, the program won't recognize "digital" installs of NDS games because they don't exist legitimately. Hell, the VC releases of Gen 1 and 2 ARE officially released and he still refuses to support those because "he doesn't want to buy them." So you see what I'm getting at? Anything not availble through official means IS NOT SUPPORTED. Period.

RustInPeace likes this.
  2. SoslanVanWieren

SoslanVanWieren GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2017
    Australia
    no gen 4 or 5 bank though

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Eh if he doesn't add it in some can make a program that converts the pokemon and moves them into the bank file pkhex is opensouce so you can get the conversion code from there.

3. GayRetard

GayRetard Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2017
    Australia
    I'm a retard... So where is the download link?

4. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 27, 2011
    Canada
  5. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    I couldn’t find it either, I went to github and searched for “PKSM”.

6. Bigbeatsal

Bigbeatsal Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2017
    United States
    What can make a pokemon illegal with the pokemon editor.

7. Silent Hell

Silent Hell GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Chicagoland area
    • Having impossible to obtain moves
    • Having a hidden ability that hasn't been released yet
    • Having impossible met locations
    • Having impossible Pokeball
    • Being shiny if it's shinylocked
    Basically, if there's no legitimate way to obtain the Pokemon you are making, it's illegal.

8. Bigbeatsal

Bigbeatsal Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2017
    United States
    I see so if I change the gender of pokemon it will stay legal if they can be male or female then?

9. Silent Hell

Silent Hell GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2015
    United States
    Chicagoland area
    Yeah.

10. Sub Zippo

Sub Zippo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    Detroit MI
    I have several questions I hope are simple and not off topic.

Is there any functional observable difference between a normal pokemon and a pokemon made by PKSM that abides by available moves? Is there any harm to wonder trading fabricated pokemon? I know I've gotten a few shiny mythics that couldn't be naturally occurring.

Does raising a pokemon's level with hacks do anything to make it weaker, assuming EVs are given? I ask because some of mine have seemed feeble, though they might have just been feeble pokemon.

Are legendaries given a set number of IVs everytime or else given a set value to their IVs? Or are they at all random. I ask because I'm prone to moving IVs around with PKSM and don't want to make anything illegal.

I was most disappointed recently when I captured a Mewtwo in Ultra Sun and the game wouldn't let me name it 'BiggSexxxy' after professional wrestler Kevin Nash as I had back in my Gen 1&2 days. Will it create any problems if I use PKSM to override its nickname?

Is there a simple way to activate the national pokedex with PKSM? Otherwise is activating it as easy as downloading Pokemon Bank via Freeshop and not subscribing to it?

11. BADDINOROX99

BADDINOROX99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    pkhex flags Pokemon I transferred using the intergrated bank any are they safe to use online?

Last edited by BADDINOROX99, Dec 26, 2017
  12. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    To answer your questions:
    1. Pokemon that are edited or genned cannot be identified as such so long as it is within possible parameters. It is impossible to notice any difference in game and, to my knowledge, not visible from a coding perspective either. No harm in Wonder Trading, but do know that some people who dislike hacking frown upon receiving potentially hacked pokemon.

2. Raising a Pokemon's level through an editor does not make it any weaker than normal, but it would miss out on receiving EV's from defeating other Pokemon. Since you are tweaking EV's anyway, then that problem is fixed.

3. Some legendaries do have IV restrictions. You may want to double check this on Serebii, but to my knowledge legendaries had completely random IV's before gen 6. Starting with gen 6 and onwards, pokemon in the No Egg group have a minimum of 3 perfect IV's, but which IV's are perfect are random. The remaining IV's are completely random.

4. In regard to the name filter, I don't know what will happen. I imagine that it would be fine until you bring it online, and at that point you would be told that the pokemon was inelligible.

5. For the national dex, it is actually a feature of Pokebank, and can only be viewed in the Pokebank app. Nothing this can do about that. Requires a subscription too, which is a bit of a shame.

Sub Zippo likes this.
  13. Rokku

Rokku GBAtemp Fan

Oct 4, 2010
    United States
    This might sound like an incredibly dumb question, but how do I create new Pokemon with this program? Do I just choose a blank space in my PC box and go from there?

EDIT: Yep, that is exactly what I do!

Last edited by Rokku, Dec 29, 2017
  14. jimmyleen

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited by jimmyleen, Dec 30, 2017
  15. Sanguinis

Sanguinis Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    It was at one point. As I recall, he was asked to remove it for some reason. Don't really remember more than that though, as this was several months ago. If you care to sift though the thread you can should be able to get a bit more info on that.

16. EventAssistant
    OP

EventAssistant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    :huh:

17. Sanguinis

Sanguinis Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    Was I mistaken? I wonder what it was that I was thinking of, then.

18. Arikaido

Arikaido GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find an option for it or any posts via the search function, but...
    Is there a way to bypass the EV max? I have no intention of going online for anything, really, so bypassing the 510 cap without taking my SD card out would be nice.

19. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    What are these PKSM Scripts for? Also is it possible to edit info such as IGN etc like in previous builds?

Edit: had a read through and now understand nice thanks!

Last edited by proflayton123, Dec 31, 2017
  20. Mikola92

Mikola92 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2016
    Canada
    Hex editor not allowing edit to met location/egg location. Is there an advanced editor mode and if so how do I unlock it? Thanks :)