Homebrew PKSM - a complete portable Pokemon Save Manager with integrated bank

ScientistGreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A side note/request. Is there anyway to add a function that allows you to change form of pokemon that have multiple forms. Example, Mid Day/Midnight lycanroc. The multiple colors of minior. Etc.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
but can I do the stuff I could in pchexx? because that isn't going to get updated to gen 7...

if you're talking about cloning/ generating pokemon, editing IV/EV, moves, held items, you can already do that with this app plus more..

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is talking about making super op illegal pokemon that other programs allow to make.
funny thing is, people think its fine to use them online. One thing I tend to find annoying about these save-editing types of applications is not that they are "use at your own risk" regardless, its that some people don't understand that. Its hard to make someone understand this when they will do things like make a pokemon illegal for whatever reason, and then blame the developer of the editor as an excuse if they get banned for bringing certain pokemon online or such. Thus, why I feel some of these restrictions, however necessary/useful one may see them, on things like stats and such were made. (note that this is my opinion on this subject matter, though).

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funny thing is, people think its fine to use them online. One thing I tend to find annoying about these save-editing types of applications is not that they are "use at your own risk" regardless, its that some people don't understand that. Its hard to make someone understand this when they will do things like make a pokemon illegal for whatever reason, and then blame the developer of the editor as an excuse if they get banned for bringing certain pokemon online or such. Thus, why I feel some of these restrictions, however necessary/useful one may see them, on things like stats and such were made. (note that this is my opinion on this subject matter, though).
I don't think you understand the reasons why most save editor come with restrictions. It isn't for the safety of the user, it's for the developer, whether it's for their ideology that even with hacking pokemon there should be an even playing field or for not wanting to deal with noobs that don't know how to make legal pokemon. I am on the side that no program should allow for super op illegal pokemon I don't want to meet a stranger when I'm out and about only to be destroyed by super hacked pokemon because he sucks at strategy, I would want to go punch him in the face.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you understand the reasons why most save editor come with restrictions. It isn't for the safety of the user, it's for the developer, whether it's for their ideology that even with hacking pokemon there should be an even playing field or for not wanting to deal with noobs that don't know how to make legal pokemon. I am on the side that no program should allow for super op illegal pokemon I don't want to meet a stranger when I'm out and about only to be destroyed by super hacked pokemon because he sucks at strategy, I would want to go punch him in the face.
that is what I said. It is for the safety of the developer, but the safety of the user gets put ahead so that the user does not compromise the developers safety. Honestly, if thats the case with you and seeing someone with a stupid powerful pokemon, I would just say find someone else to play with or ask him not to do that or you just wont play with him, period.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is what I said. It is for the safety of the developer, but the safety of the user gets put ahead so that the user does not compromise the developers safety. Honestly, if thats the case with you and seeing someone with a stupid powerful pokemon, I would just say find someone else to play with or ask him not to do that or you just wont play with him, period.
I wouldn't know about the strong monsters till the battle and that would get me mad, so I believe the restriction should stay no matter what anyone else says and the people that want super op pokemon are in the minority so there shouldn't be a question on which route to go by. It's better all around to have them.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't know about the strong monsters till the battle and that would get me mad, so I believe the restriction should stay no matter what anyone else says and the people that want super op pokemon are in the minority so there shouldn't be a question on which route to go by. It's better all around to have them.
but it still leaves people out, in the end. And after looking through the source code, it seems that it would only involve removing a couple of lines, so I may end up making a personal version (not to be released on here or anywhere without OP permission), depending if I can find out how to compile a .CIA from source.

Last edited by TimX24968B,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but it still leaves people out, in the end. And after looking through the source code, it seems that it would only involve removing a couple of lines, so I may end up making a personal version (not to be released on here or anywhere without OP permission), depending if I can find out how to compile a .CIA from source.
That's a good option make it personal and don't release.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
He is talking about making super op illegal pokemon that other programsi allow to make.

ah i see.. i'd only go as far as clone a pokemon and edit their IV/EV and add moves within the legal limit because i got kids and work so am busy af even on my off days as i do most of the housework too but doesnt stop me from playing..besides i only battle local or with just my friends not competitively..i only use the app for my own amusement..

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah i see.. i'd only go as far as clone a pokemon and edit their IV/EV and add moves within the legal limit because i got kids and work so am busy af even on my off days as i do most of the housework too but doesnt stop me from playing..besides i only battle local or with just my friends not competitively..i only use the app for my own amusement..
And that's fine most people use them to make legal pokemon that would take a butt load of time to make.

Reactions: owek1

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Support for wireless wondercard injections please!

A couple of times you've done massive "recoded from the ground up" type updates.

It's meant having to wait weeks sometimes for the next release and thus having the latest wondercards to be added to your db.

It'd mean you not having to release stop-gap releases (as you have done before), and take the pressure off of you allowing you take your time.

Also, is D/P/Pt still planned, but or have you abandoned it completely?

Questions for @EventAssistant:
- You mentioned that one can place their own graphics for the app. Where?
RTFM

Last edited by Zidapi,

Nippontradamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can fix the Pokemon that are bugged by re-saving you TID and SID to the affected Pokemon. For safe measure, I reset its Shiny value as well in PKSM. Fixed my Garchomp and Golisopod this way and tested on a few others.

Small FYI : It's the button right above EDIT that came with the most recent updates.

Mars80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can fix the Pokemon that are bugged by re-saving you TID and SID to the affected Pokemon. For safe measure, I reset its Shiny value as well in PKSM. Fixed my Garchomp and Golisopod this way and tested on a few others.

Small FYI : It's the button right above EDIT that came with the most recent updates.

i may be a dumbass but the only button above the EDIT button i see is the return button back to the box, PKSM 4.0.3 btw, or are you using pksv?

Nippontradamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.0.2 at the moment simply because I'm okay with being able to edit my party. Not sure if he removed the button in 4.0.3 though.

When you're in the Pokemon Editor you'll see Edit, Clone, Release, Generate, and Exit upon clicking on the Pokemon of your choice (Obvious Explanation I Know) but right above the EDIT button is a light purple button with a player icon and an arrow pointing to it.

If I can I'll screenshot it and try to upload later but I'm not able to at the moment.

Texascfdad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this app. I think it's fantastic and you have done a great job with it. I understand the time required so no suggestions here, just wondering what it is about DPP that keeps it from being supported

EventAssistant

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i may be a dumbass but the only button above the EDIT button i see is the return button back to the box, PKSM 4.0.3 btw, or are you using pksv?
he's referring to the violet button. It currently does not work for team editing, btw, since I disabled it in the latest release until I get everything working without bugs.
I love this app. I think it's fantastic and you have done a great job with it. I understand the time required so no suggestions here, just wondering what it is about DPP that keeps it from being supported
Save resigning seems to be bugged, but I can't understand why, because it uses the same functions I use for HGSS, and they work fine.

Reactions: Texascfdad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple