PKMN SUN & MOON - Editing Festival Coins Possible?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by paradigmnomad, Dec 6, 2016.

1. paradigmnomad
    OP

paradigmnomad Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2016
    United States
    I was wondering if there is a way to edit the festival coins (or the festival plaza buildings) with an O3DS
    I can't seem to find a confirmation or denial about this anywhere as the only thing that comes up is SUMOHax which doesn't help me.

If it's possible and somebody has already made a tool to do so could you kindly point me in that direction

2. JunTheBobOmbAce

JunTheBobOmbAce Double Trouble

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    At this point, no.

However, you can use NTR CFW cheats to give yourself the coins to max. But be careful, your save could end up corrupted anytime.

3. paradigmnomad
    OP

paradigmnomad Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2016
    United States
    Thank you!

4. CreAtor135

CreAtor135 GBATemp's #1 Nothing

Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    Ikeb, Ukuro
    You can't use 'SUMOHax' because you're on an O3DS. You can however, request a code.bin patch to be made in the proper thread.

paradigmnomad likes this.
  5. paradigmnomad
    OP

paradigmnomad Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2016
    United States
    I looked through the link you posted and everything seems to be referring back to NTR which is why it isn't O3DS compatible

Am I wrong in my understanding? Is it just not possible without NTR

6. JunTheBobOmbAce

JunTheBobOmbAce Double Trouble

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    NTR should be O3DS compatible, last I checked. You just can't stream video since it requrites N3DS hardware.

7. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    You also can't use ntr in high memory mode games on o3ds as it gets rid of it when booting them. (Sun/Moon are high mem mode games)

AyanamiRei0 likes this.
  8. ZeroTrinity

ZeroTrinity Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2016
    PKHEX allows for you to edit the festival coins, however i dont know if that'll affect the level. The tool just needs you to have access to extracting a save.

9. AnalogMan

AnalogMan sumoCheatMenu Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    You can't use NTR with Pokémon SuMo on an o3DS as you already know and code.bin editing doesn't work because your festival coins aren't stored there. Using JK's save manager to dump your save and edit it in PKHex would be the best option, or send your save to someone with a n3DS who can use NTR cheats and then send it back to you.

10. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    There was commit to PKHex that added that ability which I did compile.

Edit: Sorry, maybe I should've shared it. Here you go. ^^;

Attached Files:

Last edited by SkittleDash, Dec 6, 2016
  11. paradigmnomad
    OP

paradigmnomad Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2016
    United States
    Thank you all for your help! I greatly appreciate it!! I'll try PKHex, I didn't know you could modify it in there - I must have been looking over it when I was toying in it earlier

12. paradigmnomad
    OP

paradigmnomad Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2016
    United States
    So, I tried this and it works great! Except the coin amount only changes the total number you've obtained not the current amount. So it works fine just not in the way I thought it was going too unless I did something wrong

13. dotarice

dotarice Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2015
    Bahrain

14. paradigmnomad
    OP

paradigmnomad Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2016
    United States
    A corruption can happen anytime something that isn't supposed to be there (or missing) is there. Even if you're offline the game still has to read something to be playable and if that's messed up you get said corruption.

I've corrupted a few copies of New Leaf because I wasn't careful and had to restore

15. dotarice

dotarice Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2015
    Bahrain

16. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    No, that's how it's supposed to work.

That's why it's under "stats". It modifies the total amount collected, not the current amount.

If it makes you feel better, the NTR code is exactly the same. There's no way to modify the current amount just yet.

17. paradigmnomad
    OP

paradigmnomad Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2016
    United States
    Got it! It's actually serving my purpose just in a different way. Easy way to level up festival plaza and since I'm using Sun eventually I'll get offered all the Rare Kitchens I need lol

Thank you for the reply! I'm glad I wasn't doing something wrong!

Zidapi likes this.