PKMN-NTR: Real-time memory editing program for Pokémon games [WIP]

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by drgoku282, Nov 13, 2016.

1. drgoku282
    OP

drgoku282 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2014
    Mexico
    Real.96 and RustInPeace like this.
  2. drgoku282
    OP

drgoku282 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2014
    Mexico
    Good news, latest commit (will be implemented on beta5) added the NFC disable patch and works as expected. The program will automatically apply the patch after pressing the connect button, it can be applied on the Main Title, Continue/Mystery Gift screen or in the Home Menu in-game, I haven't tested applying inside of the festival plaza and then going out, but going in and out from the plaza doesn't break the patch.

Breeding bot is possible. Soft-reset bot is also possible but has a problem, we need to figure a way to search the offset that contains the opponent wild pokémon data, in Gen 6, it dumps a chunk of memory and then search for a pattern of hex values, the opponent data is always at a fixed position after that pattern, I don't know if it is the same in Gen 7 and if it is we need determine the pattern and a memory section which has the opponent data.

telon22, RustInPeace and Real.96 like this.
  3. Real.96

Real.96 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    So don't we need to go to the home and then back to the game to make the app work? :O

4. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    There's still some hangups at least on the XY implementation of the breeding bot. I'd get "An error occurred," and then "An error occurred with 3DS RAM." If the log helps...

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Haven't tried ORAS breeding much with this, but so far it's working fine there.

Edit: got an error occurred message on ORAS breeding bot.

Third edit: I think the ability editing feature is a bit off. I put Soundproof on Abomasnow, the game shows that it now had Soundproof, but when breeding 180 eggs, none of those had Soundproof. Dumping the Abomasnow file and seeing it in PKHex, its ability was still Snow Warning all along. Editing through that, now it has Soundproof for sure.

Last edited by RustInPeace, Nov 30, 2016
  5. drgoku282
    OP

drgoku282 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2014
    Mexico
    @RustInPeace The first bot finished successfully but it seems the final message got mixed. I can't replicate your results in the oras bot, it is working fine in my end. And the ability issue I think somebody reported back a few weeks ago but I didn't get feedback when so I assumed it was fine. Probably the way it changes ability is wrong, and I'll need a list of all three possible abilities for all pokémon, so it's not going to be fixed soon.

Real.96 and RustInPeace like this.
  6. drgoku282
    OP

drgoku282 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2014
    Mexico
    New preview version is up: https://github.com/drgoku282/PKMN-NTR/releases/tag/2.0.0-beta5

After playing with it fixing the ability issue was easier than I thought, previously it only changed the "in-screen" ability, now it changes with the actual ability number (1, 2 or hidden), the program also will only display the three available abilities for each pokémon. I need help for testing:
    • Change the ability of a pokémon, mega evolve it and check it still conserves the ability change after the battle.
    • Check that the form detection shows correct abilities, for example you can test it with Alolan pokémon or Lycanroc in Gen 7 or Basculin and Legendary pokes like Shaymin or Giratina in Gen 6.
    Compared with last beta it fixes the money editing, and now applies the NFC disable patch, so it can work outside from festival plaza, to start PKMN-NTR you can connect in:
    • Title screen
    • Continue/Mystery Gift Screen
    • Home Menu while in-game
    • Festival Plaza while connected to internet.

Last edited by drgoku282, Dec 1, 2016
    telon22, Real.96 and RustInPeace like this.
  7. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    ^ The soft reset bot stops on the first SR, and I can't dump individual pokemon, I can dump all the boxes though.

8. Danne2

Danne2 Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    United States
    snip

Last edited by Danne2, Dec 1, 2016
  9. WildWon

WildWon EXTERMINATE!

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    8-Bit Heaven
    Very impressive work!
    Nicely done!

10. xZaggin

xZaggin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    Can it detect if a pokemon is legal or not?

11. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    No. PKHex and cross referencing with Serebii is the best option.

12. WildWon

WildWon EXTERMINATE!

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    8-Bit Heaven
    When I try to dump Pokemon it says
    rtCheckRemoteMemoryRegionSafeForWrite failed: d8e007f5

13. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    That's the newest version being a bit buggy, you can dump boxes just fine. You can get an older version until the issue is corrected.

WildWon likes this.
  14. Real.96

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    I'll make some tests and tell you :)

15. Real.96

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    The ability changing works perfeclty! I made some tests on all the things you asked and i also checked all the pokemon in the PKhex to see if the ability was really changed. And i can say that you made a great work, because everything works great! :D The only thing is that you broke the Dump button xD It only shows the pokemon without dumping the .pk6/.pk7 file. And also the softresetting bot for legendaries is broken, it stops after the first softreset >.<

The connection with 7ht gen games works really well! I could also re-connect just 2 second after clicking the softreset button. And the Control Stick commands sending also works great. Can this be implemented for 6th gen games, in missing legendaries bot? I used it in the Soaring in the sky and worked perfectly!

Last edited by Real.96, Dec 1, 2016
  16. drgoku282
    OP

drgoku282 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2014
    Mexico
    The pokemon dump was fixed on last commit, however I can't reproduce the soft-reset issue, can I have more data? (game, type of soft-reset, log), it is working correctly in AS on Zekrom and a Event poke.

17. Real.96

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    I had the same problem. OR Cart, trying to softreset Azelf

18. drgoku282
    OP

drgoku282 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2014
    Mexico
    Log please? Zekrom is working fine for me, Physical AS.

19. Real.96

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    It make the first battle, softreset, enter the game and stop in front of the circle without doing anything

20. drgoku282
    OP

drgoku282 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 16, 2014
    Mexico
    What kind of soft-reset are you using?