Gaming PKMN B/W ROM/Flashcart questions

Aster Selene

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many questions and so many answers around here found by searching that don't exactly answer my question, so I'm clumping them all here.

When I get a 3DS I'm going to get a flashcart and put Black or White on it, and I want it specifically that way because I'm probably going to do a ridiculous amount of cheating (mostly for event silliness). (And before "wrong thread", B/W is a DS game and these questions apply even if I for some silly reason decided to get a DS instead.) Some questions about doing this:

-Will the Dream World work all right if I use a ROM?
-Will there be issues with any Wi-Fi functions (trading, battling, C-Gear, Entralink, etc.)?
-Do long Action Replay codes work with flashcarts, and if not, is it worth investing in an AR device? (If yes to the latter question, is it worth shelling the extra $2 for non Pokémon related stuff?)
-There was some kind of thread that mentioned a Mystery Gift Liberty Ticket AR code that worked perfectly fine except for the fact it was impossibly long (and thus didn't work on computer emulators). And now I can't find it or the code...And I have no clue how to work the Distribution ROM very well, so can I have help with either of these solutions?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You will not be able to use WPA wireless security with any cart except the iEvolution (which is the only cart that can run in DSi-mode), and even then you may have to use White, as it seems the commonly-found ROM dump of Black is incomplete and lacking some of the DSi data (and thus fails/locks when trying to use certain in-game features like c-gear IIRC).

AR codes work on every decent flash cart.

Aster Selene

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, I think I can deal with the lack of WPA (I think my router uses WEP), so that won't be too much of an issue. It won't cripple the whole thing though, right?

If Black's ROM has issues with C-Gear, does this apply to WEP as well?

Urk...Maybe I should just buy the real game and invest in Action Replay at this rate...

D

Deleted-236924

Rydian said:
and even then you may have to use White, as it seems the commonly-found ROM dump of Black is incomplete and lacking some of the DSi data (and thus fails/locks when trying to use certain in-game features like c-gear IIRC).
Nah, you're mixing it up.

When the Japanese versions were dumped, the Black version was dumped incorrectly, which caused the game to black screen whenever you attempted to enter the Union room (not sure about other Wireless Communication stuff)
Some flashcard teams have included fixes for that problem in their card's OS, like the DSTwo.

I would assume he is going to use a US rom of the game. In that case, the DSi parts on both Black/White have not been dumped properly.
If I remember correctly, only the Japanese and French roms have been dumped properly. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Aster Selene

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Rydian said:
and even then you may have to use White, as it seems the commonly-found ROM dump of Black is incomplete and lacking some of the DSi data (and thus fails/locks when trying to use certain in-game features like c-gear IIRC).
Nah, you're mixing it up.

When the Japanese versions were dumped, the Black version was dumped incorrectly, which caused the game to black screen whenever you attempted to enter the Union room (not sure about other Wireless Communication stuff)
Some flashcard teams have included fixes for that problem in their card's OS, like the DSTwo.

I would assume he is going to use a US rom of the game. In that case, the DSi parts on both Black/White have not been dumped properly.
If I remember correctly, only the Japanese and French roms have been dumped properly. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

...Now I'm really confused...
I am going to get US, so does this mean wireless will be unplayable...or just WPA mode...or...?

I'm sorry. I'm not good at this orz

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When, I was little, I went through about 5 or 6 ARs because they would either brick or erase all the games and back then, I had dial-up internet...

D

Deleted-236924

Rydian said:
The french wasn't dumped correctly, but somebody released a patch to fix the french one.
Nope.
The french roms were dumped properly and Poryhack extracted the DSi parts from the french ones to let us patch our english versions.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
Rydian said:
The french wasn't dumped correctly, but somebody released a patch to fix the french one.
Nope.
The french roms were dumped properly and Poryhack extracted the DSi parts from the french ones to let us patch our english versions.
Oh, I misread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.