YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the second help topic, but I am trying to find out how to edit sprites and music properly (sprites is the other thread) for my game.

I have an MIDI ready to be used for the rival battle, but when I inserted it in HxD, it was missing many instruments, played notes at different times, and had pretty long pauses. (Rage Moment)

My friend told me I needed to use B/W Soundfonts, so I downloaded this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxJSnFN26cI&feature=channel_video_title

Then I used it to edit the MIDI on FL Studio 10. When I was done editing, I saved as midi, but it told me I needed to go to Macros > Prepare for MIDI Export. I did, but basically what Macros did was screw up the whole song and change its instruments. Now they were all piano notes (Big Rage Moment)

I said "Ok, fine, whatever."
I tried to convert it to SSEQ using midi2sseq, and it didn't let me! The window just froze (Major Rage Moment)

The same friend told me he could convert it for me, so he did. Then I inserted the new SSEQ into the game and....
it was worse than the original song. It was almost 100% mute the whole song, and the instruments sounded horrible (Throws the Table to the Wall)

I then found out it's because of the rival theme's DLS file, so I wondered if there's a way to change its DLS or make it so that y song can be accepted as it is by the DLS without screwing it up.

And also, how do I save an MIDI without doing the stupid Macros process?

Any help would be extremely, greatly, heavenly appreciated.

KingDrapion

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this for BW? Im guessing so by the youtube clip.
Ok, first of all if you want to insert the sseq into the game, make sure it is smaller than the original files.Your editing the Rival battle right? Make sure it is smaller than 8 kb for you to insert it.
To get the midi to sound properly, you need to extract the right soundbank, the dls file. The soundbank is used for a specific track, for example, the rival music uses a different dls file to the Gym leader. To identify the right soundbank, you can use VGM trams to know the name of the dls file and what the track sounds like. eg. Rival soundbank is BANK_MUS_WB_VS_RIVAL.dls and it goes with the track SEQ_BGM_VS_RIVAL.SSEQ

Once you have it set, you can convert that sseq file into a midi, or use another midi from the internet that isn't in the game. Remember, make sure it is smaller! Open the midi with Fl Studio 10 and a small window will open with Fruity LSD or something...
For each of the tracks, right click and go down to replace, then select MIDI out. This will avoid the Export as MIDI thing.
Click on the folder on the LSD window and select your sound banks.
Now when you click on your MIDI out channel, on the right another window will open called Midi out settings. From here you can assign your instruments for that track next to the the 'patch' digit thing.
Ill explain in detail later

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Make sure it is smaller than 8 kb for you to insert it.
Are you serious? The only MIDIs smaller than 8 KB are the simple non-battle ones, like main meu or eyecatch themes. Are you sure it's that's the max limit?

EDIT: Ok, so let's use an example so I can learn easier. What if I want to use this as the rival theme?
http://www.mediafire.com/?o0sc7drbotafej7

Yes, I know that I will have to change instruments, please tell me what to do! Then I cand o the same for all the other songs I'm trying to add...

KingDrapion

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you serious? The only MIDIs smaller than 8 KB are the simple non-battle ones, like main meu or eyecatch themes. Are you sure it's that's the max limit?

EDIT: Ok, so let's use an example so I can learn easier. What if I want to use this as the rival theme?
http://www.mediafire...o0sc7drbotafej7

Yes, I know that I will have to change instruments, please tell me what to do! Then I cand o the same for all the other songs I'm trying to add...
Sorry, meant the SSEQ file needs to be smaller than 8kb so in a MIDI that is around 14 KB I think.
And about the MIDI you have, you need to shorten it and if you do not know how to do that, then... Ye, you'll figure it out.
And what do you mean "please tell me what to do!" I just told you in my other post.

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Sorry, meant the SSEQ file needs to be smaller than 8kb so in a MIDI that is around 14 KB I think.
And about the MIDI you have, you need to shorten it and if you do not know how to do that, then... Ye, you'll figure it out.
And what do you mean "please tell me what to do!" I just told you in my other post.
Lol by tell me what to do I was being desperate but I see now.

I will find an MIDI around 15KB big and do what you said, and I'll edit with results :)

KingDrapion

Trophies
XP
Country

I will find an MIDI around 15KB big and do what you said, and I'll edit with results :)
Dont forget to save as MIDI (Not export as MIDI). Click on the save icon and on the bottom is the MIDI type.
If you need help changing instruments I can do it for you. But do note that it will not loop in game unless you can get someone who knows how to loop MIDI or SSEQ files. Also, Do not directly convert it into an SSEQ file straight after you are done. MIDI2SSEQ is not perfect and you will need to edit some bytes. Dont worry, its simple. Go here under the Music section: http://gbatemp.net/t...-hacking-guide/
It will teach how to fix your MIDI and SSEQ file before inserting it.

*EDIT* I know someone who can insert looped SSEQ files directly from a HGSS ROM and change its instruments without having to use FL Studio. In my opinion, his method is probably easier, but it will not be original custom songs that you would like to use. You can either do the above method I gave you so you can edit your songs to sound how you would like them or I can ask my friend to change instruments directly from a HGSS ROM to be compatible with BW.

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Dont forget to save as MIDI (Not export as MIDI). Click on the save icon and on the bottom is the MIDI type.
If you need help changing instruments I can do it for you. But do note that it will not loop in game unless you can get someone who knows how to loop MIDI or SSEQ files. Also, Do not directly convert it into an SSEQ file straight after you are done. MIDI2SSEQ is not perfect and you will need to edit some bytes. Dont worry, its simple. Go here under the Music section: http://gbatemp.net/t...-hacking-guide/
It will teach how to fix your MIDI and SSEQ file before inserting it.

*EDIT* I know someone who can insert looped SSEQ files directly from a HGSS ROM and change its instruments without having to use FL Studio. In my opinion, his method is probably easier, but it will not be original custom songs that you would like to use. You can either do the above method I gave you so you can edit your songs to sound how you would like them or I can ask my friend to change instruments directly from a HGSS ROM to be compatible with BW.
I know HOW to loop songs, I'm just not that good at it.

If you want, I can teach you how, you'll probably do it better, lol.

And HG/SS music would be fine. The hack I'm making IS a sequel to HG/SS you know ;)

EDIT: I got an MIDI file, edited it, and saved it. But the instruments' volumes get all changed up. I put them all to MAX, but the 3rd (last track) is barely hearable and the the 1st one is practically mute. How do I fix this?

KingDrapion

Trophies
XP
Country
^ You need to use the 'edit event' by right clicking on the volume gauge and then setting up in the piano roll. Also, if you can teach me how to loop, Id be grateful. :)
Ill also try and make a HGSS SSEQ file for you ;)

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
^ You need to use the 'edit event' by right clicking on the volume gauge and then setting up in the piano roll. Also, if you can teach me how to loop, Id be grateful. :)
Note off on non-existen note! Track '#' , pos '###'

It gave me 4 of those with different numbers in "#" when I tried to convert the SSEQ file. What happened?

KingDrapion

Trophies
XP
Country

It gave me 4 of those with different numbers in "#" when I tried to convert the SSEQ file. What happened?
That has never happend to me, did you fix the MIDI file using the hacking ds guide link I gave you?

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

That has never happend to me, did you fix the MIDI file using the hacking ds guide link I gave you?
Yes, I'll explain what I did:

I downloaded this MIDI: http://www.vgmusic.c...mGS-Battle6.mid
Click on the "Click Here" on the webpage ^

Then I opened it up in FL Studio 10. I loaded the VS Cynthia DLS (Yes, Cynthia, this was for another character) and I did MIDI Out on all of the 3 tracks.
I thought it was boring so I added a new track (It was a copy and paste of track 3) I just had track 3 and 4 hae different intruments. It still played everything fine with the DLS. Then I did Edit Events to track 3 and 4 to make them loud. Finally, I saved as MIDI. Then I got the error when I tried to convert....

I'll try doing it without the 4th track, and edit the results.

KingDrapion

Trophies
XP
Country
^ Did you have the new channel as MIDI out as well?
Anyway, go ahead with your results and tell me what you get.

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it was in MIDI Out as well.

And sadly, my result is still the exact same. Maybe you can convert it for me?
My PC has a hard time with midi2sseq, one time I just couldn't convert a song, and then I sent it to a friend and he did it fine.

Maybe it's the midi2sseq version I'm using? Or I'm using it wrong?
I drag n drop midi2sseq to cmd and then in the box I type "midi2sseq filename.mid filename.sseq" With no "

KingDrapion

Trophies
XP
Country

My PC has a hard time with midi2sseq, one time I just couldn't convert a song, and then I sent it to a friend and he did it fine.

I drag n drop midi2sseq to cmd and then in the box I type "midi2sseq filename.mid filename.sseq" With no "
I dunno, I could try convert it for you. Your using the latest MIDI2SSEQ Im guessing, but that shouldn't have any problems. Ok, send me the MIDI file.

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

I dunno, I could try convert it for you. Your using the latest MIDI2SSEQ Im guessing, but that shouldn't have any problems. Ok, send me the MIDI file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5ce2rf1jrra8jq8

supagokuman2

YouTube Gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My MIDI2SSEQ
http://www.mediafire...9kzo2q3sb4r2k95
I forgot where I got it :3
Just drag and drop, dont forget to fix the MIDI before converting and then fix the SSEQ before inserting.
Thanks, this actually works I can convert now finally! :D

EDIT: Oh, man. Just when I thought I was finished, the song glitched in-game.

I didn't use the one you gave me, because I can't fight Cynthia right now (I have to wait or something for her to get in the mood T_T)

But I went through the same process as that one so Cynthia's will probably also mess up.

The song is just CHAOS. Instruments are WAY OFF, speeding up, slowing down, getting stuck, playing different notes, all of them randomly! :(

Reactions: 1 person

KingDrapion

Trophies
XP
Country
^ Did you fix the MIDIor SSEQ file, cause that happens when you don't. (When I mean fix, I mean did you follow the link I gave you)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi