ROM Hack PKHeX is working, and it's not

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
VC injected a romhack of Pokémon Red (Red Deluxe) and extracted the save with SDF, edited what I wanted with PKHex and then imported. Result: nothing. The point is that if I open the save again (even with other editors) then my edits are still there; why are they not appearing in game? Thanks.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VC injected a romhack of Pokémon Red (Red Deluxe) and extracted the save with SDF, edited what I wanted with PKHex and then imported. Result: nothing. The point is that if I open the save again (even with other editors) then my edits are still there; why are they not appearing in game? Thanks.
Did you delete the secure data value? And are you 100% sure you're not just restoring the save you dumped in the first place?

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you delete the secure data value? And are you 100% sure you're not just restoring the save you dumped in the first place?

Yeah I triple checked I wasn't making any of those mistakes. The save file is called sav.dat, does that have anything to do with it? Because PKHeX reads it anyway... Still when I inject the save and reload the game none of my edits appear.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I triple checked I wasn't making any of those mistakes. The save file is called sav.dat, does that have anything to do with it? Because PKHeX reads it anyway... Still when I inject the save and reload the game none of my edits appear.
PKHeX works fine for me with those games, even the rom hacks like Pokemon Brown. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong but it sounds like, you're either not overwriting the save before replacing it, you're replacing the old one, or it's not overwriting the old one when you put it on your SD card. Save.dat is the proper file for those saves. My advice would be to do this:
1. Export the save to SD
2. Copy "save.dat" to desktop
3. Delete the "sav.dat" on your SD card
4. Edit the save from the desktop in PKHeX
5. Export the save from PKHeX to your desktop, let it overwrite the old one.
6. Close PKHeX, then load your edited save to check for your edits.
7. If present, copy the save to your SD card ( You deleted the old one, so no chance of it not overwriting properly)
8. Load Pokemon Red Deluxe, and save the game.
9. Delete the Secure Data Value in SDF
10. Import your save.
11. Profit??

Alternatively you can try a different save manager. I recommend JKSV, it works on all those games and deletes the secure value automatically. Not to mention it uses the actual Title of the game instead of the ID# when you're choosing so there is no room for error.

I would also like to point out that the Title ID of Pokemon Red Deluxe IS NOT the same as Pokemon Red. So if you used a tutorial or something to get the Title ID to use with SDF, you're replacing the wrong save.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nothing. I swear to god that I'm doing everything correctly, I wouldn't waste your time. When I load the game, do I press Reset and then Continue, do I just press Resume Game or do I load a Restore Point? I've tried all three and they've done fuck all to be honest but I'm going to ask anyway.
I just loaded my save from my SD card with PKHeX and the fucking edits i made are there! The fuck am I doing wrong? :wacko:

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing. I swear to god that I'm doing everything correctly, I wouldn't waste your time. When I load the game, do I press Reset and then Continue, do I just press Resume Game or do I load a Restore Point? I've tried all three and they've done fuck all to be honest but I'm going to ask anyway.
I just loaded my save from my SD card with PKHeX and the fucking edits i made are there! The fuck am I doing wrong? :wacko:
Hmmm, can you send me your save and I'll try to inject it into my Pokemon Red Deluxe and see what happens...

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What did you use to edit this? And what Pokemon were you trying to edit. The save only contains two Clefairies in your party nicknamed Charmander

PKHeX.
The Clefairies are actually Charmanders in game, I suppose they appear as Clefairies because it's a romhack and stuff has been modified and moved, no? Anyway all I did was simply set IV's and EV's to max, and duplicate them to be sure that the editing worked.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PKHeX.
The Clefairies are actually Charmanders in game, I suppose they appear as Clefairies because it's a romhack and stuff has been modified and moved, no? Anyway all I did was simply set IV's and EV's to max, and duplicate them to be sure that the editing worked.
Well they look fine to me, I'll import it and see if I get MAX Clefairies nicknamed Charmander. I'll also make Charmanders for good Measure Lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well they look fine to me, I'll import it and see if I get MAX Clefairies nicknamed Charmander. I'll also make Charmanders for good Measure Lol
Oh! It's a Golurk! Lol Not sure why if they were supposed to be Charmanders but uh..... i guess it worked Lol I'll take pics

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Yeah the save appears fine loaded on PKHeX, but then when I load it in the game I just have one Charmander with normal stats. I think PKHeX views them as Clefairies because the Pokedex has been altered by the modder, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the save appears fine loaded on PKHeX, but then when I load it in the game I just have one Charmander with normal stats. I think PKHeX views them as Clefairies because the Pokedex has been altered by the modder, but that shouldn't be a problem.

It worked fine importing them on my end, except they aren't Clefairies, they are Golurks. But that's probably because I'm not playing your rom hack. So the edits seem to work just fine.
36JgK0S.jpg
Y3ClJDW.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try to use a different save manager I guess. I used JKSV and it worked perfectly.

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What do you do when you've imported and start the game? Do you just continue, restore point or reset?

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Just tried with a copy of the original Red to see if it was a problem with the game itself but again, I do everything with JKSM, load my game and my edits aren't there...

- Start the game, get my first Pokémon and save
- Open JKSM -> SD/CIA -> locate game -> Save Data Options -> Export Save
- Open sav.dat located in the JKSM folder -> open and edit with PKHeX -> Export SAV and replace with the previous one in JKSM folder
- Open JKSM -> SD/CIA -> locate game -> Save Data Options -> Import Save
- Open the game, resume game or reset and continue, no changes whatsoever

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Just tried with a copy of the original Red to see if it was a problem with the game itself but again, I do everything with JKSM, load my game and my edits aren't there...

- Start the game, get my first Pokémon and save
- Open JKSM -> SD/CIA -> locate game -> Save Data Options -> Export Save
- Open sav.dat located in the JKSM folder -> open and edit with PKHeX -> Export SAV and replace with the previous one in JKSM folder
- Open JKSM -> SD/CIA -> locate game -> Save Data Options -> Import Save
- Open the game, resume game or reset and continue, no changes whatsoever
Yeah that's the correct process and exactly what I did. The only difference is I never overwrite the save directly from the removeable directory. I always copy it to my desktop, delete it from the removeable drive, edit, save (overwrite the one on my desktop), then put it into my blank save folder for JKSM....
Other than that I have no idea why it's not working for you unless it's not written properly from being on the SD card.

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The problem are those rsm1.dat and rsm2.dat files. When I delete them and import only the sav.dat file then I get a save data corruption message on opening, the game resets and it finally actually loads from the sav.dat with my edits. What are those, and why does it automatically load from them when I boot the game? In any case problem solved, thank you for your help.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem are those rsm1.dat and rsm2.dat files. When I delete them and import only the sav.dat file then I get a save data corruption message on opening, the game resets and it finally actually loads from the sav.dat with my edits. What are those, and why does it automatically load from them when I boot the game? In any case problem solved, thank you for your help.
Those are the restore points. You should turn off the function for that game, and always exit with the home button. If you don't have them enabled, and don't use the touchscreen they won't show up in your exported save, only the secure data value does which needs to be deleted.

Reactions: Kibido

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr