ROM Hack Pkhex imported wondercard gift Hoopa number ???

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Alpha Sapphire on n3ds 9.5 Gateway emunand (and there is nothing I want to eat at MacDonalds) so I used pkhex to import the wondercard file (.wc6) to get Hoopa.

Everything seems fine, talked to the blue lady at the PC and the guy gave me the bottle at the PM. But instead of showing 720, the pokedex number is "???."

Is this normal?

Attachments

• 2015 Mac Hoopa (Wondercard).zip
    316 bytes · Views: 1,221
Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Nope.exe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Alpha Sapphire on n3ds 9.5 Gateway emunand (and there is nothing I want to eat at MacDonalds) so I used pkhex to import the wondercard file (.wc6) to get Hoopa.

Everything seems fine, talked to the blue lady at the PC and the guy gave me the bottle at the PM. But instead of showing 720, the pokedex number is "???."

Is this normal?
You know you don't have to order anything at mac for hoopa?

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious how the OP did this. I'm sure a tutorial is just a google search away but sadly the laziness and apathy is kicking in.

Actually it was a little hard to find. I found a video of some dude (not another snot-knosed 12 year old with a blurry webcam or shaky tablet) with a Pikachu hat who walks you through the confusing GUI of pkhex.

Basically, you need a CFW/Gateway 3DS with your Pokemon Alpha installed on the emunand. (I have not messed with import/export save files to the cart, but it probably doesn't work with save data filer (SDF). )

Use SDF to export 11C5 under the USER tab.

Just take your SD card out of your 3ds and stick it in your PC. Before you even open pkhex, make a backup of your filer directory because pkhex will automatically find and open the save file (called "main") on the SD card.
btw, pkhex even works plug-n-play on wine under linux.

Once your save file is open, press the Wondercard button to open the wondercard dialog. Open your shiny new Hoopla(or whatever).wc6. Press the left arrow button ( the < button) to import the wondercard. It should appear in the list to the left.

Go to the SAVE tab and press the Export button.

Stick the SD back in your 3DS and use save data filer to import the file to the game. When you start the game, press the Mystery Gift button. Check your cards and he should be there.

I have only imported Hoopla and Shiny Bedlam. Rayquanza I'll get around to. There is a big rar file of all of them, but I only want the ones I could have conceivably really gotten. Importing Japanese and Korean Event Pokemon just wouldn't be cricket, LOL.

Last edited by romanaOne,

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually it was a little hard to find. I found a video of some dude (not another snot-knosed 12 year old with a blurry webcam or shaky tablet) with a Pikachu hat who walks you through the confusing GUI of pkhex.

Basically, you need a CFW/Gateway 3DS with your Pokemon Alpha installed on the emunand. (I have not messed with import/export save files to the cart, but it probably doesn't work with save data filer (SDF). )

Use SDF to export 11C5 under the USER tab.

Just take your SD card out of your 3ds and stick it in your PC. Before you even open pkhex, make a backup of your filer directory because pkhex will automatically find and open the save file (called "main") on the SD card.
btw, pkhex even works plug-n-play on wine under linux.

Once your save file is open, press the Wondercard button to open the wondercard dialog. Open your shiny new Hoopla(or whatever).wc6. Press the left arrow button ( the < button) to import the wondercard. It should appear in the list to the left.

Go to the SAVE tab and press the Export button.

Stick the SD back in your 3DS and use save data filer to import the file to the game. When you start the game, press the Mystery Gift button. Check your cards and he should be there.

I have only imported Hoopla and Shiny Bedlam. Rayquanza I'll get around to. There is a big rar file of all of them, but I only want the ones I could have conceivably really gotten. Importing Japanese and Korean Event Pokemon just wouldn't be cricket, LOL.
Wow thank you so much for the explanation. Really cool.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Is this normal?
Happens when you have a Pokemon you haven't discovered in a section of the Dex you don't own. It's like owning a Mew as a starter. It won't show it's Dex# until you get the National Dex.

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
isnt there a sav somewere with all pokemon that u can legitly get(with the right route and region and so on, not all wonertrade) that i can open with pkhex and just regenerate all the pokmon id's?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt there a sav somewere with all pokemon that u can legitly get(with the right route and region and so on, not all wonertrade) that i can open with pkhex and just regenerate all the pokmon id's?
I couldn't find anything myself I plan on doing a release like that with every pokemon having blank region info/TID/SID/OT but im only 350 pokemon in, im doing this in PKHeX itself BTW

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but if everyting is blank its not realy legit... 350pkmn? Only the first evolutions?
No they have all the correct info the blank region info/TID/SID/OT are ready to be filled in using mass editor I do 30 pokemon every day since it's for personal use until I release a fat pack. Putting all the correct info and making them bank safe is time consuming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: