PKG build error: Param DOWNLOAD_DATA_SIZE: Invalid value(64MiB) for SDK 04.500 or newer

nitro322

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I've been working through dumping all of my PS4 games, and just hit an odd problem with Alien: Isolation. For reference, I'm using PS4-Fake-PKG-Tools 3.87, and generating my packages via CLI rather than the GUI:

Code:
gengp4_app.exe e:\CUSA00363-app

orbis-pub-cmd.exe img_create --tmp_path e:\temp --oformat pkg --mod_pkg --skip_digest --reserve_for_large_pkg e:\CUSA00363-app.gp4 e:\

This has worked fine for a good 20 games or so, but when creating the package for Alien: Isolation it fails with this:

Code:
Creating an image...
0        20        40        60        80       100
|____.____|____.____|____.____|____.____|____.____|
==========
[Debug] 2022-01-11 21:09:32 Create image Process started.
[Debug] nptitle.dat: NP Title file.
[Debug] Custom patches Could not download the file from the host server. (Could not connect to the host server)
[Warn]  Patched By CyB1K! Credits to SocraticBliss and TheRadziu
[Warn]  SDK Version 04.500
[Debug] Custom patches Could not download the file from the host server. (Could not connect to the host server)
[Warn]  Patched By CyB1K! Credits to SocraticBliss and TheRadziu
[Warn]  Publishing Tools Version 3.87
[Debug] icon0.png: 512x512/24bit.
[Debug] pic0.png: 1920x1080/24bit.
[Debug] pic1.png: 1920x1080/24bit.
[Warn]  Format of the elf file is not valid. (Warning) (eboot.bin, already stripped, which must not be stripped)
[Error] param.sfo: Param DOWNLOAD_DATA_SIZE: Invalid value(64MiB) for SDK 04.500 or newer.
[Error] 2022-01-11 21:18:22 Create image Process finished with error(s).

Reasonably sure the cause is the error line mentioned in the subject, but I'm not sure how to fix it. Also can't find any good matches w/ solutions for this error online (in English).

This is an old game, originally for firmware 1.75, so using an older version of the SDK seems like an obvious solution, but I don't see an option to do that with either orbis-pub-cmd.exe or with any options in the GUI. Another alternative might be to edit param.sfo and set a value that is compatible with SDK 4.50, but I don't know what that value should be, and I'm afraid of unintended consequences from editing that file.

Anyone run across this before? Any suggestions?

nitro322

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this may not have been as complicated as I thought. I found that orbis-pub-sfo.exe let's me easily edit a param.sfo file while enforcing expected values (which I'm sure isn't news to many people here, but this is my first time using any of these tools), so I was able to extend that DOWNLOAD_DATA_SIZE paramter to 256 MB, which seems to be required for >=4.50. Replaced param.sfo in both the app and patch packages and I was able to complete the build just fine.

Won't get a chance to install until tomorrow, but looks good so far. Will post a follow-up here to share the results.

iamamitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this may not have been as complicated as I thought. I found that orbis-pub-sfo.exe let's me easily edit a param.sfo file while enforcing expected values (which I'm sure isn't news to many people here, but this is my first time using any of these tools), so I was able to extend that DOWNLOAD_DATA_SIZE paramter to 256 MB, which seems to be required for >=4.50. Replaced param.sfo in both the app and patch packages and I was able to complete the build just fine.

Won't get a chance to install until tomorrow, but looks good so far. Will post a follow-up here to share the results.
would you mind updating us I'm having this issue right now too

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
obtained that same error creating dumping alien isolation base game... any idea ?
i figure that is bug in the pkg tools ?

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
i was thinking that i am having some kind of problem or bug in my app dumper payload. But not. Because the op is saying the same fo the other CUSA ID. In my case is EUR CUSA00362, and having the same.
Just removing that setting in the param.sfo to get access to the /update0 works and allow to build the pkgs, even the update one that is having same problem.

nitro322

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, all. Apologies for my lack of follow-up. It's been a while so I'm not 100% certain at this point, but I'm pretty sure the edits I described in my second post did the trick. At least, I was able to boot the game a load a previous save from a few hours into the game. I think this was the only game where I encountered this issue, so basically forgot about it after I got it working.

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
take care about this because loading mission 3, the game has problems to read cache and exit to the main menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free