Homebrew Pixel Error Checker ?

Ralek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I'm searching for a simple app that let's you scroll through fullscreen red/green/blue/white/black to check for (sub)pixel errors on my nds. So far I just found some pixel fixers, but they all flash the color to quick for a closer look. LCD Tester by kleevah allows at least to hold black and white, but i'd prefered something like that just with holding the colors as well for as long as you wanna look at it. Really nothing fancy at all
biggrin.gif

Thx in advance.

Ralek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Dan I can't test it right now since i just sold my old DS and I'm waiting for my new DSi, but I'm gonna check it out for sure then. Thx alot!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know DiagnoSe has a pixel fixer, but I'm not entirely sure if it has what he's asking for. I've never tried it myself so I really don't know.

Ralek, my program runs fine in no$gba if you want to just see what it does. It's *really* simple but should work for your purposes.

And for good measure, since I was bored, new version that lets you choose the colors to display. I have no clue how to work the touchscreen so you must use buttons instead. http://www.zumodrive.com/share/zkCMTgwNW

When all are 0 you have black, when all are 31 you have white, anything in between is up to you.

Ralek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Rywiec Thx, I already tried that but liked I said the fast flashing colors arenot really suited for what I have in mind ^^

@DanTheManMS Thx again Dan I just tried it with no$gba and it's exactly what i wanted. Just one thing though is it normal that the screen showing the instructions is always flashing the writing ? Its kinda irritating ^^^ but otherwise, great work!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashing? It doesn't flash for me with no$gba 2.6a on both my (new) laptop and (ancient) desktop computers. Haven't actually tested it on real hardware so I can't say if it flashes on there or not. The program does clear the text and re-draw it every frame, but there should be more than enough time in the vblank period to write it. I'll try it on real hardware when I get the chance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Probably like a 10,000 dollar build back then