Pity please?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by corbs132, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2007

Pity please? by corbs132 at 12:40 AM (4,552 Views / 0 Likes) 77 replies

1. corbs132
    OP

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Here's the deal. I left my laptop bag at my school yesterday (private, no less). I had my laptop separate from my bag. I come in today to pick up my bag, and my ds lite ($130) was stolen out of it. And my g6 original 4g ($150). And my bluetooth adapter ($40). And my r4 ($50). And my microsd ($36). Total, thats $406 USD. Stolen. Out of my own fucking personal property. Huge violation of security and privacy. My family pays 10 fucking thousand dollars for me to go here, to have all of my shit stolen. Don't forget my 13+ Hours worth of savegames gone. At minimum wage, thats at least 93 dollars. so, recap. $499 stolen. Private School. Catholic. (I'm not though) All i can say is there is a bunch of fucking dirtbags at that school.

/rant
    /rave
    /bitch

sorry for profanity.

2. Jaxtaylor

Newcomer Jaxtaylor Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    That seriously sucks, mate. Sorry to hear all that. But I have to say, I feel uneasy leaving stuff like that in my own home without at least putting it in a drawer or cupboard. Doesn't matter what your school is, Private, Catholic - there are theiving fuckers everywhere. Unless it was locked up in a room, I wouldn't leave it in my own mothers house.

3. hanman

Member hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

United States
    if you see anyone around school playing a DS with a G6, go for the groin.

4. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    But why did you leave it unguarded at all? Didn't you lock it up?

5. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Sad news.

I played Pokemon Yellow on my Treo 650, two weeks ago, a DC Metro door got my phone while closing ("I fell asleep", rushed to the closing door), I injuried my hand trying to rescue it, in the end my phone fell into the tracks, my screen got broke and I lost my 2G SD card with my 17+ hours of my life invested on a lvl25 Pikachu, a lvl22 Gyrados and company.

I blame god for the incident.

6. pikachucrackpipe

Member pikachucrackpipe President

United States
    was any of that 499 your money or your parents?

7. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Hopefully, God will smite their thieving balls off.

Tempers, let us join hands and pray...

8. VVoltz

Bolivia
    Sorry, I don't pray, I'm Catholic.

9. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Dude...that sucks ass. And I didn't know Treos can emulate Pokemon yellow...sweet. I go to a Christian school. My wallet has been stolen and on an occasion my DS Lite too (luckily I knew who had it)...but you should open up a PayPal donation thing...maybe some rich tempers could help purchase you some new stuff?

10. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    i live in the city so everything that is valuable I LEAVE AT HOME !

how can you leave all that stuff unattended ? probably someone over night stole it a janitor or something

11. VVoltz

Bolivia
    http://yoyofr92.free.fr/ljp/
    From the creator of the PSP SNES emulator.
    Here is the official forum.

12. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    it doesn't make a differnce it's still been stolen regardless of who spent what.
    sorry to hear that corbs132.

13. pikachucrackpipe

United States
    well i was going to make a point and i think you helped me
    you people are feeling sorry for a kid who lost his nintendo ds that his parents paid for yet the other day when i stated how i lost everything i earned with my own money (near $35000) worth of stuff you turn around and accuse me of being racist because i stated facts otherwise not mentioned to nonlocal residents on the 6 o'clock news segment.

14. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Oh whine me a river, wuss. We would have felt sorry for you if you hadn't started blurting out completely unsupported accusations of racial profiling, based on nothing but your own prejudice. And then started insulting people when they dared to show they didn't believe your tall tales of being so "cruelly mistreated by a bunch of black people and a racist government" (spewing more racist remarks on the way). Well, people would have felt sorry for you, but it seems you feel sorry for yourself enough as it is.

15. pikachucrackpipe

United States
    oh its looks as though the all knowing has spoken.

1. you don't know shit
    2. i wish you were dead
    3. your first sentence (and entire post) proved my previous post to be correct
    4. you have no knowledge of what you have said to this date so therefore you stating that what i was stating to the forums, with examples, is in fact completely unsupported.
    5. my prejudice as you state was based on personal experience, something you never dealt with
    6. you're ignorant, not even from america, probably never been and are unaware of how politics works in this country other than what you might see on the news. which is also the same way you got your information which makes you continue to spew out your ignorant blabber about how i am a racist.

16. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    very true. it was your whole attitude of believe me or feel my wrath.
    look at the end of the day nobody (to the best of my knowledge) said they didn't feel sorry for you. you just have a real problem with remembering whose thread you are in and then ranting on page after page and upsetting everyone and insulting them for not seeing your point of view.
    please don't start this again. you made your point and whether we agree or disagree isn't the subject of this thread either.

17. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    thats a shame your stuff got stole :'( i hope you find the person who stole it. does your room have a secure lock on the door [​IMG] If it has isnt thier a way to get some compensation from the school your at [​IMG]

18. pikachucrackpipe

United States
    oh ok so excuse me for being just a little pissed off for losing shit that took me my college experience to earn. it only got lost in a matter of maybe, idk 1-2 hours if that.

also forgive me for getting annoyed with the lack of intelligence (veho mainly) when i post something that happened from experience and i get some dork who never goes outside, might have heard a snippet on the news while going to get a popsicle from the fridge from the tv telling me that i am wrong when i experienced what happened first hand.
    i only insulted people who had the nerve to call me a racist simply because they are too unwilling to understand that not everyone in this world is nice and people are complete assholes when they need to be and don't give a fuck about fucking someone else completely over.

lose things that you bought on your own while putting yourself through college, without mommy and daddy's money, then realize you aren't going to receive help when you need it yet others who cheat the system get whatever they want and tell me you won't be vindictive.

19. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    pikachu cant you chill out and get along with everyone. this thread is starting to get hijacked again now i think its time to call it quits and forget everything that has been said. Lets just put the topic behind us now and start to get along [​IMG] Its kind of pointless arguing over the internet with people we dont know. So lets everyone call it a truce.

20. pikachucrackpipe

United States
    idk maybe im pissed off cuz some kids worst day is his ds gets stolen. my worst day was when my car got vandalized and my stereo system i just got installed was stolen (that i paid 1900 for) until 3 years later and this kid wants a pity party for a ds his parents will probably just go replace after being pissed off for 10 minutes that he brought it to school or something.

i'm not saying what happened to the dude is at all good, in fact the opposite but whenever i posted what happen with me and my situation i get 'racist blah blah blah' and he get 'oh go find him and kick him in the nads'

i'm still pissed off at the fact that people can't understand what i'm saying and are quick to ignorantly brand me as a racist. among other things

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.