Pirated Version of Vista.

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Westside, May 1, 2008.

May 1, 2008

Pirated Version of Vista. by Westside at 2:53 PM (3,308 Views / 0 Likes) 37 replies

1. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    I had a pirated version of XP before, and I had MANY problems with it, anyone here uses a pirated version of Vista? Is it even worse?

2. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    Like what problems? Running Vista x64 SP1 April release and I haven't had a single problem yet...even compatibility isn't that bad...I just won't expect to be able to install my X-ROM on it.

On a side note, I downloaded a student training version of XP, it requried one special serial number and after that it required absolutely no activation and all the updates worked.

3. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    Student training is not considered pirated, I would expected to work properly. I had pirated XP and I had to change a few things in the registry in order for it to work, because of this the computer occasionally has strange lagging problems, once I had the legit version installed, the problem was gone.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Pirated XP works just fine as long as you don't get some stupid custom version made by some noob. I've used several different pirated versions of XP (including the student version), and the only one that didn't work properly was a custom installation that some guy made and put up on a torrent site.

5. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    I haven't experienced any issues with pirated XP installs either (using since release on several systems).

Just set Automatic Updates to "automatic" and makes sure to uncheck "WGA Validation Tool" the first time it shows up in that list.

6. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    There is a tool that makes XP and Vista act as if it were legit, forgot the name though. Removes all problems like verification and such.

7. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    keznews is a site that lists all the newest cracks and what-not. OEM versions are the easiest to pirate, as long as you turn automatic updates to "don't download or install automatically" and skip anything WGA related.

8. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Windows Vista OEM Activation. Tried it... Vista is 100% legit, after that [​IMG]

9. Warren_303

Member Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There was only a few times that I had trouble with XP because the WGA crack didn't work and then I was constantly bugged about it in the system tray.

My Vista Ultimate on the other hand, have no trouble at all. I'll check out that keznews looks interesting.

10. Panzer Tacticer

Member Panzer Tacticer veteran human

Canada
    Anyone actually willingly using Vista, and going so far as to pirate it sure is a willing user, is in my view in need of a sign.

Here's your sign.

The first thing I do upon getting a new computer with Vista, is demand legit copies of the OS.
    Second thing, is immediately sell the legit copies of the Vista OS to someone with a sign.
    Third is I nuke Vista off the system and install my XP OS.

I wouldn't touch that POS with YOUR 10 foot pole.
    It's not worth it just for a pretty desktop.

I have plenty of signs available for all those that need one by the way.

11. GrayFox Cap

Member GrayFox Cap GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    MuBlinder is what I tend to use. Perhaps we are talking about the same thing.

12. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    My XP copy has no problem too. Everything's fine. Running on SP2 at the moment. I also have that application where it tricks the computer into think it is a legitimate copy.

13. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I use acpi Vista Loader, works perfectly.

14. SeanoRLY?

Member SeanoRLY? GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Running a pirated version of XP Pro right now. Have used the same one for over a year now.

I'll probably pirate Vista soon.

15. Warren_303

Member Warren_303 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would format and reinstall XP but I haven't had the most spare time in the last few months.

16. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    they can detect the OEM bios crack for vista now...

17. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    It's not about the fact that it looks pretty or not. Right now I have 4 gigs of RAM and a quad core processor, I think Running Vista x64 would be better. Only 2.75GB of my RAM is recognized right now.

18. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Multi core processors are taken care of by the better versions of XP (corporate is up there with student and "4 easy steps" with a bit of common sense is all that is needed).

2.75 gigs of ram is fine for just about everything: I run a machine with 2 gigs of ram and no virtual memory (games, high end video encoding and CAD are what I use it for as well) and have yet to encounter a problem outside of a rather rapid memory leak (there is a reason I no longer install flash for people).
    You also have the option of a 64 bit version of linux or xp should you decide to use one of the 4 apps that really really needs the ram (and they come in linux and xp versions). I would advocate 64 bit XP for general use however unless you are one of the lucky people with drivers.
    If you are so inclined there are also memory management apps.

Really the only advantage of vista as I see it is directx10 and that has yet to be widely adopted/forced upon us let alone been proven. I personally count vista as the return of ME but I will say it works (just about and with a hell of a lot of fiddling: what does not have this) but not enough to warrant a move from XP.

19. fischju

Member fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

United States
    STALKER: Clear Skies uses a lot of new DX10 particle effects that you can't get with DX9, like dynamic volumetric fire, water, and smoke.

20. Westside
    OP

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    I've heard that the 64 version of XP is worse than Vista due to the lack of support and it is better to stick to XP 32. Linux is not made for a dumbass like me... I want to have dual boot. Vista for DX10 games and XP for the rest.