pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i ordered
Pipo Saru 2001
which is a neat little japen only game i have a moded ps3 with i think rogero something with cobra software or whatever its been awhile, the game does start and after the intro once you press Start your greated with an infinit blackscreen that doesnt go anywhere, i would like to know if this is a ps3 to ps2 backwards compat issue or an issue with the game being out of region anyone has any clue?

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i ordered
Pipo Saru 2001
which is a neat little japen only game i have a moded ps3 with i think rogero something with cobra software or whatever its been awhile, the game does start and after the intro once you press Start your greated with an infinit blackscreen that doesnt go anywhere, i would like to know if this is a ps3 to ps2 backwards compat issue or an issue with the game being out of region anyone has any clue?

-SNIP- It is an issue with the game or the PS3. If it was region locked the game wouldn't start at all.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
yeah its an issue with the compat imo i even got a iso and runned it trough multiman and same issue, so i guess the game isnt playable at all sadly :S

Balmung00

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So i ordered
Pipo Saru 2001

Hey, I saw that you have pipo saru 2001 and I'm really behind an iso of this game would be possible to send me the iso or the link where you got it, I had the disk but I loaned it to my cousin who ended up selling the console Him with my game and I'm very keen to play it: /

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey, I saw that you have pipo saru 2001 and I'm really behind an iso of this game would be possible to send me the iso or the link where you got it, I had the disk but I loaned it to my cousin who ended up selling the console Him with my game and I'm very keen to play it: /
i didnt use an iso i used my real disc and it doesnt work on ps3 BC unfortunely.the iso i tested i dumped in multimen from the disc.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can't share links to warez here unfortunately. It's against the rules.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
try a new iso from the internet then you may just have a bad disc
lol a bad disc... i tryed a md5 checked iso and i dumped my disc and it matches redump md5 so no its not a bad disc, the game just isnt compatible with ps2 backwards console compatible fat ps3 60gb sadly.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol a bad disc... i tryed a md5 checked iso and i dumped my disc and it matches redump md5 so no its not a bad disc, the game just isnt compatible with ps2 backwards console compatible fat ps3 60gb sadly.
oh so you did try an iso from online?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try making it into s "PS2 Classic" and see if it runs that way instead of from disc. All the PS2 games I've done that with have worked well (including jap region locked games). My PS3 is a slim so there's no official BC on it.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I think because your ps3 is playing an ntsc game on a pal ps2 mode? I know some games do work even in wrong video mode but some do freeze, forbiden siren 2 eu came in to my mind. No matter how you patch this pal game it will freeze on a ntsc ps2

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think because your ps3 is playing an ntsc game on a pal ps2 mode? I know some games do work even in wrong video mode but some do freeze, forbiden siren 2 eu came in to my mind. No matter how you patch this pal game it will freeze on a ntsc ps2
well i searched the web i found out an japan guy had the same exact issue using a jap ps3 and this jap game some ps2 games dont work on semi cimpatible ps3s and even more dont work on fully emulated ps3s(slims and whatnot)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended