Pink OnLive Micro Console and Female Specific Playpack Coming

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by LightyKD, Sep 28, 2011.

1. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    [​IMG]

We know that OnLive has teamed with GAME Group plc in the UK, and they have said many times in the past that they will be teaming with retailers in the US as well. Which retailers, other than GAME is OnLive working deals out with? That we don’t know. However, according to OnLive Founder and CEO Steve Perlman, in an interview with Edge, one retailer has come to OnLive with a proposition to sell a pink version of the OnLive MicroConsole with glitter on it. This Pink version of the OnLive Game System would also come packaged with a specific female edition of the PlayPack, which would only include girls’ games.

According to Perlman, “[OnLive] found it amusing and said sure!”

Source

http://onlivefans.com/news/coming-to-onliv...e-options/3027/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A) I want one I WANT one!

B) This is great. Maybe now, my fiance will use her OnLive account more. [​IMG]

(BTW, Admin please edit the title of this thread and fix the word "coming" thanks. My keyboard sucks hiney [​IMG] )

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Safe to say that nobody saw this coming.

3. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    LMAO! Agreed! I think this will rock. It would be nice if they made the Micro Console in multiple colors like the N64 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    Sorry for the double post but the OnLive community got an update from "OnLive MJ". MJ is like OnLive's Major Nelson so he's a reliable source. here is what he said...

Originally Posted by OnLive MJ

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify, this was a quote taken a bit out of context. Retailers are asking for MicroConsoles that are in different colors and are bundled with games (much like you might buy a game console with some discs packaged with it). For example, MCs that are camo colored and bundled with military games, MCs colored with certain movie or superhero characters and bundled with related games, MCs that have the coloring of certain toy characters and are bundled with games centered around those toy characters. One of these, which is tricky to manufacture, is a toy character that is a girl that is marketed in pink packaging with glitter. Glitter adds a little complexity in the manufacturing process, so it is a slightly more difficult request to accommodate, but other than that, it would be an MC just like any other, bundled with games about that character. Since it would be bundled with a toy, it would likely have parental controls on as the default when it first powered up, and the bundled games enabled, but other than that, it would be like any other MC.

We're sorry this seemed to blow up in to a broader discussion beyond the fact that we have retailers that want MCs in colors other than standard black and bundled with games tied to particular toys a retailer is selling.

-OnLive MJ