Pinball Hall of Fame: the Williams Collection (PAL)

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by dreadyz, May 4, 2008.

1. dreadyz
    OP

Member dreadyz GBAtemp Regular

France
    I have been wanting this for a long time now and was disappointed when I read that the released NTSC version wasn't compatible with PAL Wiis. According to IGN it was supposed to be released, but I haven't found it yet & there's no mention of it here on GBA Temp.

2. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    I have it ... it works perfectly on my 3.2E PAL Wii by using FreeLoader ...

3. dreadyz
    OP

France
    Is the game in 480p? I made a decision not to download any trucha signed or Freeloader required games since an update could render them useless, but I'm getting tired of waiting. Does a burned copy of the NTSC SSBB work perfectly in a PAL Wii without having to update to the latest Wiikey firmware? I ask because I hear that the latest Wiikey firmware creates sound problems in some Gamecube games & I'd rather have 100% GC compatibility than to sacrifice that just for Brawl.

4. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    I don't know ... I don't have a WiiKey ... something for which I am grateful, as most of the problems that occur, seem to happen to WiiKey users ...

5. callmebob

Member callmebob The Grandpa of Awe!

Germany
    Get the GeckoRegionFree tool! Works Perfect for me. Can´t answer the 480 question since my t.v. doesn´t support it, and therefore I don´t even pay attention to that part.

6. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    if you are so eager to play a pinball game just play Gottlieb Pinball Classics, it's the same thing and works on pal 100%

7. dreadyz
    OP

France
    I've got The Gottlieb Classics, but it's not the same thing. They are two totally different games & the tables on the Williams Collection are better. It's not like I'm majorly eager, it's just that I have been looking forward to the game for a long time and IGN had today as the release date. If I knew when it was actually going to be released in Europe, then I wouldn't have started this thread. I can wait patiently a month or two or even three, but if they decided not to even release it here or if they are going to wait until late fall, then I'll go ahead and get the NTSC version and use Freeloader or another method