Hacking Pimp my Wii - Is it safe?

Wiisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I have recently been getting more angry with my homebrew channel, as ever since i updated it, it has caused me to have many black screen problems when i load programmes from it.

The initial HBC i put on when i first installed it was fine, and all the boot dols i put in worked a charm and emulators etc.. but now with this newer hbc i often (maybe 30% of the time) load an app and it just goes to black screen and i must do a hard reboot.

I posted around asking if its possible to downgrade my hbc back to an older version but this didnt get an answer. So i looked and found pimp my wii, and thought it would be worth a look to see if my ios's are outdated as i read it may help compatibility.

I ran the programme and found various ios's out of date. I saved the info to the root of the sd and have uploaded it here in case it can help anyone in assisting my problem.

The thing is, i want to try updating my ios's to try to improve my compatibility, as many ppl with the new hbc dont seem to get black screens.

The problem is i also use a hardchip wii with menu 3.2e and do not want to upgrade to 4.+. I have installed Rev17 of waninikoko and that has helped me with much compatibility for later releases, but my main aim is just to be able to run programmes 100% of the time from hbc like i used to before the new one came out.

Can anyone assist me with this and let me know if this is possible, or if its safe for me to let pimp my wii do the work?

Many thanks in advance for any help and ive uploaded the file pimp my wii wrote to my root in case it helps.

The Pimp my wii file saved to my sd root

stere0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used 'Pimp my wii' to upgrade a 3.3U hardchiped and a 3.4E hardchiped to 4.1x without problems.

I think you can use it to update your IOS and say no to the update of system menu, it is possible to do that and you can do it if you don´t want to update to 4.1.

[]s

Wiisee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
brilliant thanks for the reply.
i will give it a go in the morning and let you guys know if there were any problems. By the sounds of it, it should all go ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night