Pikmin?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Verocity, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Verocity
    OP

Verocity Ö!

Nov 26, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    I fell in love with Pikmin once I played it on the Gamecube. I wonder if they are going to make one for the ds. I guess its one of those things like Super Smash Brothers still waiting I guess. Is there a game like Pikmin?

I just can't wait until those 2 games come out, hopefully they will.

2. OrR

OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Nov 24, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Hildesheim/Germany
    There should be Pikmin DS... I want it. Together with a Wii version would be cool, with nice connecting fuctions that go beyond item exchange gimmicks. How about an online multiplayer that works with both the DS and the Wii version? [​IMG]

3. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D

Former Staff
    Sep 9, 2003
    New Zealand
    Zealer
    The DS wouldn't do Pikmin justice in my opinion. There's no way it'd look as nice as it should, not to mention animating hundreds of little Pikmin models at once would be almost impossible.

4. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Pikmin really doesn't need to be rendered in 3D. They could do an excellent pikmin game with 2D graphics, and it would look much better than if they tried to do it in 3D.

3D pikmin on the DS would suck. Even on the gamecube you can barely see those little bastards sometimes.

5. xflash

xflash Local Ninja

Oct 21, 2004
    Norway
    errrm you do know there is a pikmin 2 for gamecube right?

6. OrR

OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Nov 24, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Hildesheim/Germany
    Well, maybe it could work with 2D sprites in a 3D environment.

7. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D

Former Staff
    Sep 9, 2003
    New Zealand
    Zealer
    Still, the environment was one of the big plusses in Pikmin, everything looked very nice, and dare I say, realistic. I don't know if you could achieve that on the DS.