Hacking pikmin wii - pal release not working on softmod ntsc wii?

samred

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tried loading this to no avail. Even tried forcing 50 and 60 PAL, no dice. Every time I try to load, I get a black screen and the disc whirring in my Wii, followed by a generic warning that the game will not load. Eject, re-insert disc, same result.

When I go through backup loader to reboot, the disc channel loads the Pikmin disc channel screen, so I'm hesitant to call this a bad burn. Any other tips? Thanks, folks.

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a possible solution.first download Wiipower's softchip toy R6
http://rapidshare.com/files/194191172/Soft...hToyR6.zip.html
and use these settings here
pkm.jpg

I'm fairly confident that this will work for NTSC users as when i try to force NTSC using Gamma loader i get a green screen but if i use the method above i get the game working ok with red and black colours

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My toy patches the video mode from PAL to NTSC if you select force NTSC 480i. That's why it should be more compatible with PAL games for NTSC users. If force NTSC 480i doesn't work, try force PAL 576i -> NTSC 480i.

Blastaway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
My toy patches the video mode from PAL to NTSC if you select force NTSC 480i. That's why it should be more compatible with PAL games for NTSC users. If force NTSC 480i doesn't work, try force PAL 576i -> NTSC 480i.
I just tried both of these options and I get a green screen. It will run if you choose any PAL setting (PAL60 included), but it will not run at 60 hertz and therefore it won't display properly and will flicker. If anyone has a workaround I'd be grateful. Otherwise I'll stick with the Japanese release until the US version comes out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: