Gaming Pikmin short movies are removed

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was recently announced that that the pikmin short movies (both 3ds and wii u) were being delisted from the e-shop on oct 8th, this date gas passed. Fret not nintendo has uploaded the shorts to their youtube channel. I'm not sure if they'll put up the concept art or other exclusive content from the short movies though. And you can't watch them in 3ds since no 3ds stuff.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wondered if this app could have been adapted into a homebrew video player for the Wii U. Likewise I wonder if they Hyrule Historia app could have been adapted into a homebrew ereader for the Wii U.

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I always wondered if this app could have been adapted into a homebrew video player for the Wii U. Likewise I wonder if they Hyrule Historia app could have been adapted into a homebrew ereader for the Wii U.
What would we need a homebrew video player for? The wii u internet browser covers most video things, and if you want to use dvds you can download that homebrew application for your vwii. Do you mean bluray use, or something else?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would we need a homebrew video player for? The wii u internet browser covers most video things, and if you want to use dvds you can download that homebrew application for your vwii. Do you mean bluray use, or something else?
I mean we don't need anything technically. But it'd be cool homebrew to have all the same. Feels weird that a system as hacked out and powerful as the Wii U, doesn't have a proper homebrew media player at this point.

Reactions: Firexploit

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean we don't need anything technically. But it'd be cool homebrew to have all the same. Feels weird that a system as hacked out and powerful as the Wii U, doesn't have a proper homebrew media player at this point.
You know now that I think about, is there a application that lets you play videos off your usb for the wii U or wii?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know now that I think about, is there a application that lets you play videos off your usb for the wii U or wii?

The Wii and vWii has WiiMC (I use the WiiMC+ version), as well as some other homebrew apps, but I think WiiMC was probably the best, it could even play DVD videos on the original Wii as well. We can use this in the vWii of our Wii U, but this sadly means we don't get HD video, so I think it'd be nice if the Wii U did have a media player from USB and SD. Bluray playback woudl be cool, but I don't think that's possible at all.

pleasehelpme2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Wii and vWii has WiiMC (I use the WiiMC+ version), as well as some other homebrew apps, but I think WiiMC was probably the best, it could even play DVD videos on the original Wii as well. We can use this in the vWii of our Wii U, but this sadly means we don't get HD video, so I think it'd be nice if the Wii U did have a media player from USB and SD. Bluray playback woudl be cool, but I don't think that's possible at all.
Yeah blurays are most likely impossible because the wii u doesn't have functionality unlike the wii which had it but hidden away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's certainly better than the first but it's not awesome either.