Hacking Pikmin PAL on a NTSC WII

thiagofera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've searched over the internet and I founded some topics about it, but they don't say how to solve it.
So how can i make it works? I can run it in blak and white, but WiiPower R6 dosn't solve my problem.
Sorry for my bad english!
EDIT: Sorry WiiPower, i've changed your name with wiigator

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it just wont work not happening, i can play it but the bottom quarter of the screen is missing and there is horrible scanning or whatever it's called makes me dizzy and fucks with my eyes, no one ever figured a way around it. you can wait for a US release, blah impatient or download the jap release that's what i did pikmin doesn't need dialog anyway but after playing for a while realized i liked the gamecube controls more wet upstairs into my closet found my gamecube version and was playing in style.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here's a test version:
http://rapidshare.com/files/197749348/videotest.zip.html
It's a modification of SoftChip.

This test patches all NTSC video modes to PAL and all PAL video modes to NTSC. Yes i'm paranoid. Then it looks if the video mode set in the Wii settings is found in the new video modes, if not if falls back to the next similar videomode of the same region. For example NTSC480p -> NTSC 480i or PAL576p -> PAL480p -> PAL576i -> PAL480i. If the game doesn't work with correct colors with this, please post the content of the logfile located under /SoftChip/ here. NTSC480i is videomode 0, PAL480i is videomode 20.

cbubbagump

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your tv is 480i .You need to force 480p with softchip but thats not all you must have component cables and HDtv then it works.You also change your wii settings to 480p HDtv

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cbubbagump said:
your tv is 480i .You need to force 480p with softchip but thats not all you must have component cables and HDtv then it works.You also change your wii settings to 480p HDtv

You can only set your Wii to 480p, if it detects a tv capable of this.

cbubbagump

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need HDTV with component cables .A SDTV with composite cables won't play 480p so you need a HDTV with component cables to force 480p with softchip then it will work

thiagofera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wiipower, there is the log:
[13/01 21:59:10] ---------------------
[13/01 21:59:10] Loading Disc...
[13/01 21:59:16] Disc ID: R9IP
[13/01 21:59:16] Disc Title: PIKMIN1 for Wii
[13/01 21:59:17] IOS requested by the game: 33
[13/01 21:59:19] Videomode set to 0
[13/01 21:59:19] videomode in main.dol after patching: 20
[13/01 21:59:19] videomode in main.dol after patching: 8
[13/01 21:59:19] videomode in main.dol after patching: 0
[13/01 21:59:19] videomode in main.dol after patching: 0
[13/01 21:59:19] videomode in main.dol after patching: 2
[13/01 21:59:19] 002 error pattern not found

do you want Default.cfg and toy.cfg file?

cbubbagump

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pikmin PAL on a NTSC WII, How can i make it work ? You need HDTV with component cables .A SDTV with composite cables won't play 480p so you need a HDTV with component cables to force 480p with softchip then it will work

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cbubbagump said:
Pikmin PAL on a NTSC WII, How can i make it work ? You need HDTV with component cables .A SDTV with composite cables won't play 480p so you need a HDTV with component cables to force 480p with softchip then it will work

What's this talikng about 480p all the time?

You can play this game with a NTSC Wii in all cases, but if your tv is a sdtv and it doesn't support PAL, it's black&white.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could you look into the .iso with trucha signer or WiiSrubber and look for other .dols? Some games load another .dol with the main.dol, if this game does this, you need to patch the video modes in that .dol too. And this is only possible then before burning.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The HDTV it is not needed to use 480p configuration on the Wii, only the component cables, but as WP has said if you have a SDTV then it will display in B&W, and I only extracted the main.dol with WP's toy, then use GWP1.2 to patch PAL-2-NTSC, then save it and put it back in SD:/softchip/R9IP/main.dol then started WP's toy again and the game works now, my yes I have HDTV capable of PAL/NTSC signal input...!!!
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
The HDTV it is not needed to use 480p configuration on the Wii, only the component cables, but as WP has said if you have a SDTV then it will display in B&W, and I only extracted the main.dol with WP's toy, then use GWP1.2 to patch PAL-2-NTSC, then save it and put it back in SD:/softchip/R9IP/main.dol then started WP's toy again and the game works now, my yes I have HDTV capable of PAL/NTSC signal input...!!!
smile.gif

This only says that the game works with patched progressive video mode.

Offtopic: Did you test the latest SoftChip? It has the bug fixed which prevented progressive video mode for PAL users with NTSC discs and disc region video mode. (only the case PAL Wii, NTSC disc, disc region video mode!).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
I am using WP's toy r5, which tests do you need me to run..??

With my toy: none. With NTSC games and the latest SoftChip you could try to get progressive video mode without any patching, that's what i meant by offtopic.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ohhh I made a mistake, I went and check my ARC configuration and turns out I left it on PAL output because of the GC backups thing, and now it just gives me GSoD
blush.gif
, I'll kept trying more patches..!!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I had try different patches and force settings, but the game just don't like to be forced to play in any other video output, this is the newest Wii Games protection, so the only way around is playing it without forcing, of course you need a TV capable of PAL video input...!!!
smile.gif

thiagofera

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiPower said:
Could you look into the .iso with trucha signer or WiiSrubber and look for other .dols? Some games load another .dol with the main.dol, if this game does this, you need to patch the video modes in that .dol too. And this is only possible then before burning.
In the first partition (update) there is a main.dol, a boot.bin, a bi2.bin, a apploader.img, a fst.bin and a __update.inf. In the second there is a main.dol, a boot.bin, a bi2.bin, a apploader.img, a fst.bin, a keyconfig.ini, an opening.bnr and a system12.ini . there is pikmin1 and pikmin12 folders in the second partition, these folders are normal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0