Gaming Pikmin coming to 3Ds 2017

omega59

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo of America has confirmed that there’s a new Pikmin game in development for the Nintendo 3DS. The game will launch in 2017 and will no doubt be complimented by an NX version.

K

KingpinSlim

Well, since Shigeru Miyamoto himself basically said something like this would be shit on the 3DS, and i quote "The truth is we were doing prototype tests of Pikmin for the DS and 3DS but it turned into unit management with only the touch pen and no matter what it just didn’t seem like Pikmin. We concluded that Pikmin is a game that revolves around action based on its controls and the strategy sits on top that. Although there are elements that are built on the strategy, there are other overall things that have to be well considered. This complete experience is an important elements of Pikmin." i do not think anyone should be interested at all.

If not even Miyamoto thinks this is a good idea, why get excited about it in the first place?

Last edited by ,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the screen would be too small for a normal Pikmin game to be on the 3DS. I think the side scrolling game actually looks pretty fun.

Nintendo also tried to port Mario Galaxy to 3DS, but found Mario to be too small for the screen, and found it to not be very fun, so canned it. I had no idea they tried to port Pikmin to 3DS.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Well, since Shigeru Miyamoto himself basically said something like this would be shit on the 3DS, and i quote "The truth is we were doing prototype tests of Pikmin for the DS and 3DS but it turned into unit management with only the touch pen and no matter what it just didn’t seem like Pikmin. We concluded that Pikmin is a game that revolves around action based on its controls and the strategy sits on top that. Although there are elements that are built on the strategy, there are other overall things that have to be well considered. This complete experience is an important elements of Pikmin." i do not think anyone should be interested at all.

If not even Miyamoto thinks this is a good idea, why get excited about it in the first place?
Well, to be honest I think that a Pikmin game on 3DS could have been fun (since they ported Mario Maker and Yoshy's woolly world, why not some kind of Pikmin/2 port with modified Pikmin 3 controls?), but what they showed really looks really, really bad.

WaterDemonBaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda half and half about it right now. On one hand, it's Pikmin on 3DS, on the other, it technically isn't. I get "MvDK March of the Mini's" and "Kirby Mass Attack" vibes from it. Not that it's a bad thing, but the direction for this one is really odd considering previous Pikmin games. Along with Myamoto's statement on Pikmin for 3DS

"The truth is we were doing prototype tests of Pikmin for the DS and 3DS but it turned into unit management with only the touch pen and no matter what it just didn’t seem like Pikmin. " I still get bugged by this statement about the touch pen. Is he referring to just moving units with the touchpen? Or is it overall control of units with the touch pen?

Either way I have a bad feeling this might be a flop, much like the flop of Federation Force recently. (It sold 5k units in japan in the first week, which is not a good thing for Metroid in general) But as for both I hope to pick them up sometime and I do hope they're both something I can enjoy playing. Hoping we'll see more info on this one soon.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But don't you think that was said at a time when all they were trying to do was recreate the console experience on the 3DS. You know the whole 3D environment and all, they probably didn't even consider changing up the gameplay in such a drastic way as going 2D and finding a way to make a Pikmin game that way at that time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.