D

Deleted_171835

OP
Here are some screens and footage of the game,

oV1Zz.jpg

M5I8X.jpg

rEtCM.jpg

92Elk.jpg

Personally I think it looks gorgeous. The depth-of-field effect, 2x anti-aliasing and amazing art-style all works together so wonderfully. I'm pretty excited for this.

What do you think?

Oh and did I mention it runs at 60FPS? :D

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh, I wasn't a fan of the game until my friend got me into it. I'll buy it 'cause it looks fun and
so I can finally own a pikman.

I hope we get a pikman from the ground up someday.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those screenies look more amazing than the videos I think. And what exactly is AA? Just smoothing out the jagged edges? I don't know much about graphics

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Those screenies look more amazing than the videos I think. And what exactly is AA? Just smoothing out the jagged edges? I don't know much about graphics
Yeah, it's smoothing out the jaggies.
STXCp.png

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the water could use some work. And in the video the pikmin don't ride on the lily pad very well. It's gonna look even better at launch

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's smoothing out the jaggies.
It's going to be weird to see Nintendo 3D titles without the jaggles.

This game looks just perfect for me, there's a lot of detail in there, it looks fantastic! You can tell that Miyamoto and his team has painstakingly worked hard on it. As for the water effects, if you pay closer attention they're far better than what most other games have done. There is a lot more being done with the effects, different reflections, wind reaction, lighting and movement.

Nintendo is using the power of the console to do a lot more than just make it pretty, I hope this is what the next gen will be more like...I'd rather keep the looks of this gen but improve things like wind, shadows, AI etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk