Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gallery_125264_224_15853.jpg

Among a library of Gamecube games re-released for the Wii as part of their "New Play Control" range in 2009, one title has been noticeably absent from the selection in the US, Pikmin 2. Where all territories received New Play Control releases of the first Pikmin title, for some reason America were denied their release of Pikmin 2.

Regarded as one of the best Gamecube games, Pikmin 2 is one of the most collectable titles, being hard to obtain and somewhat pricey. North American fans will now be able to get the game for the Wii much more easily, for an affordable $20. Pikmin 2 will have the same New Play Control features, using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to control the game, and with improved graphics and widescreen support not found in the original.

Along with Pikmin 2, Mario Power Tennis is also coming to the Nintendo Selects range for $20, as well as Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and Donkey Kong Country Returns for $30.

These four titles will be joining the Nintendo Selects Range in America on June 10th

Source: Joystiq

Reactions: 2 people

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was really confused as to what "Mario Power Time" was.
Same here. And GBAtemp doesn't even autocorrect...

On a side note, do these games support GC control, given that they were GC games originally?

I don't believe they do, but I may be wrong. Lemme check I have some on my Wii i haven't played

Just tried Pikmin 2 and no you can't not use a gamecube controller.
On a related note I tried the ports of Resident Evil 0 and 1 and they do allow the use of a gamecube controller.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was really confused as to what "Mario Power Time" was.
Same here. And GBAtemp doesn't even autocorrect...

On a side note, do these games support GC control, given that they were GC games originally?
Yeah, as much as I checked over the actual post, I forgot to check the title. If somebody could fix the title that I can't I'd appreciate that.

I'm pretty sure New Play Control games don't support gamecube controls, which is unfortunate. Thankfully Pikmin 2 actually does really well with the Wii Remote controls.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great news, I was getting tired of using my brother's PAL-compatible tv to play Pikmin 2 in color.. :<
The PAL version had something that stopped it from forcing NTSC mode.

raybattousai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great news, I was getting tired of using my brother's PAL-compatible tv to play Pikmin 2 in color.. :<
I'm playing a Pal copy of Pikmin 2 and have no problem forcing NTSC. What are you using to load it? I use USBLoader GX with component cables.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of the Nintendo GC re-releases do (there's a hint in the title "New Play Control"), which is a shame because the motion controls are so fucking awful on this game.

Hoping Nintendo increases the budget range soon, they've not really bothered to do that many but then there are a lot of Wii games that still sell well now at full price. With the Wii U being backwards compatible and can see them upping the releases of them.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing a Pal copy of Pikmin 2 and have no problem forcing NTSC. What are you using to load it? I use USBLoader GX with component cables.
There's your answer.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's your answer.
Ah, yeah I use the standard cable...
I had actually started playing the NTSC-J version because the language barrier is very thin, but yeah... I'll just wait until this is released before I get any farther in the game. :3

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thought Mario Power Time was a brand new Mario Tennis game. I pretty much orgasmed but got sad when I saw it was just Mario Power Tennis with a new label on it =(.

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Power Time! Yeah!

I'll definitely support Ninty and pick up Pikmin 2. I held back on playing it of course because of the PAL difference and my crappy component cables flickering every 10 minutes. :(

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
There's your answer.
Actually I have Pikmin 2 PAL working totally fine in full color with the standard "Composite" Cables on a Dynex LCD TV. There are a few settings you have to change to get the image to show up in color, though. BTW I'm using CFG USB Loader v70.

Gaiaknight

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's your answer.
Actually I have Pikmin 2 PAL working totally fine in full color with the standard "Composite" Cables on a Dynex LCD TV. There are a few settings you have to change to get the image to show up in color, though. BTW I'm using CFG USB Loader v70.
thats cause your using a hdtv the game only runs in pal 60hrtz thats why most standard def tvs couldnt play it cause there was no other options on the game to force it to.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
thats cause your using a hdtv the game only runs in pal 60hrtz thats why most standard def tvs couldnt play it cause there was no other options on the game to force it to.
I suppose, the old CRT Television I have would only display the image in black and white. My point was more towards the many people who claim to be playing it via an HDTV but still cannot seem to get color without component cables, if the LCD I have works in color with the standard cables why wouldn't it work on other LCD TV's as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1