Homebrew PicoDrive TWL - SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive emulator for Nintendo DS(i)

Jergum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't.

You'll have to find an existing save then.

In all honest man, thanks anyway for the help.
Yeah, it works fine for me

Lucky. I literally spent 2 days trying to get it to work. Oh well. I think I might give up honestly. Don't know what else there is to do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't.

You'll have to find an existing save then.

Well, I sort of lied lol ;) there is another way perhaps. Im sure your familiar with jEnesis? well I could play the genesis port of Cave Story through there, which works fine, and hey, even saves. But there is a problem with the latest version of the port. When I try to play the latest version, 0.7.0, (which was a .bin file that I renamed and changed to .gen so that it would appear, which it did) the screen goes white, and i get the error:

Error 1: nds-bootstrap (Release) not found

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honest man, thanks anyway for the help.

Lucky. I literally spent 2 days trying to get it to work. Oh well. I think I might give up honestly. Don't know what else there is to do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, I sort of lied lol ;) there is another way perhaps. Im sure your familiar with jEnesis? well I could play the genesis port of Cave Story through there, which works fine, and hey, even saves. But there is a problem with the latest version of the port. When I try to play the latest version, 0.7.0, (which was a .bin file that I renamed and changed to .gen so that it would appear, which it did) the screen goes white, and i get the error:

Error 1: nds-bootstrap (Release) not found
You're missing the hb nds-bootstrap.
Download it here.

Jergum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're on the release nds-bootstrap build in TWLMenu++ Settings.

I believe I am. Went to the settings and at the very top it said "nds-bootstrap Ver. Release v0.35.1"

and when i went to the option for either nightly or release, it said release.

Last edited by Jergum,

Jergum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try reinstalling TWiLight Menu++ here.
If that doesn't fix it, I'm out of ideas.

No luck. oof. only version 0.3.3 works. It plays and can save, but the graphics are crap. maybe its because the newer updates exceed the file size? but all in all, maybe im not meant to play Cave Story XD

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
No luck. oof. only version 0.3.3 works. It plays and can save, but the graphics are crap. maybe its because the newer updates exceed the file size? but all in all, maybe im not meant to play Cave Story XD
I got it working with the DSi version, I made a dummy 16KB save file and it worked fine, here it is
(It's not a txt, GBAtemp just disallows .sav files for reasons. Be sure to rename it to public.sav and put it into /title/00030004/4b435645/data if using the US version)

Attachments

• public.txt
    16 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by banjo2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: