Homebrew PicoDrive TWL - SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive emulator for Nintendo DS(i)

Jorgeluisjl2020

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Osea que por ahora funciona sin sonido cierto porque el juego corre muy bien pero pensé que algo había hecho yo mal porque no salía sonido

Jorgeluisjl2020

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
No tiene sonido por ahora cierto ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So for now it works without sound because the game runs very well but I thought I had done something wrong because there was no sound

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for now it works without sound because the game runs very well but I thought I had done something wrong because there was no sound
Yes, that's normal, as the sound emulation makes it run slow.
A workaround will be implemented, but it'll only be for DSi consoles.

YMMO

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I'm gonna be the noob here and ask for a bit of instructions. I've put the picodrive on the root of the sd card but I don't know how to install/run it.
The twilight menu doesn't show the file (already set the options to show every file/folder).

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm gonna be the noob here and ask for a bit of instructions. I've put the picodrive on the root of the sd card but I don't know how to install/run it.
The twilight menu doesn't show the file (already set the options to show every file/folder).

If you're using the latest version of Twilight Menu, PicodriveTWL is already integrated into it. All you have to do is make sure your Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games are on your SD card and have the .gen extension (example: Sonic.gen). Select your game in the Twilight Menu browser and it should boot into PicodriveTWL with the selected game.

xonn

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello!
Is there a way to guess the needed version of devkitarm, libnds, libfat, etc... to compile the project, or it's necessary to disturb the author :)
Thanks!

xonn

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have compiled and adapted the last version to use in a GBMacro, but it doesn't start on a DS Lite (R4 clone card), only using a DSi. Is there a way?
Thanks!

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have compiled and adapted the last version to use in a GBMacro, but it doesn't start on a DS Lite (R4 clone card), only using a DSi. Is there a way?
Thanks!
You could try running it through ndsbootstrap via twilightmenu++. Just put twilightmenu++ for flashcard on there and navigate to the GBARunner2 .nds file.

Last edited by Zense,

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Don't ask me why but I always use Pier Solar as a test game for Sega Mega Drive / Genesis emulators, with this one it does not finish starting, it stays on the first screen

xonn

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You could try running it through ndsbootstrap via twilightmenu++. Just put twilightmenu++ for flashcard on there and navigate to the GBARunner2 .nds file.
I talked about picodrive, but I suppose that instructions are the same...

Reactions: Zense

Jergum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In regards to the sound and music, when do you think the newest update for PictoDrive TWL will be ready? because it works fine, I can play Cave Story well, but there is no sound or music whatsoever.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to the sound and music, when do you think the newest update for PictoDrive TWL will be ready? because it works fine, I can play Cave Story well, but there is no sound or music whatsoever.
Proper sound/music emulation will likely never be implemented, as it's out of my scope.

Jergum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proper sound/music emulation will likely never be implemented, as it's out of my scope.

Well, thank you for replying anyway. Also, kind of awkward to ask, but if you have time on your hands, do you think you can help me with one small thing? only asking because I'm using the latest version of Twilightmenu++. I have a copy of Cave Story (DSIware version) for the DSI, and it plays fine, but it won't save at all. Like the file gets corrupted if I save and then die and it suddenly displays this:

Profile data in slot 1
has been corrupted and
must be deleted.

Press any button to continue.

also, whenever I try to go back and play, my save is automatically deleted and i'm only left with "new game" for the save slots

Mind you, I got this copy of Cave Story from a youtube video which had a guy playing it, and it appeared to work fine with the saves and all. The download the video provided was only a .nds file.

Last edited by Jergum,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, thank you for replying anyway. Also, kind of awkward to ask, but if you have time on your hands, do you think you can help me with one small thing? only asking because I'm using the latest version of Twilightmenu++. I have a copy of Cave Story (DSIware version) for the DSI, and it plays fine, but it won't save at all. Like the file gets corrupted if I save and then die and it suddenly displays this:

Profile data in slot 1
has been corrupted and
must be deleted.

Press any button to continue.

also, whenever I try to go back and play, my save is automatically deleted and i'm only left with "new game" for the save slots

Mind you, I got this copy of Cave Story from a youtube video which had a guy playing it, and it appeared to work fine with the saves and all. The download the video provided was only a .nds file.
That's known to happen in some DSiWare games. The only known workaround is to (maybe) use hiyaCFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome