XP
Country
United States
News Source

Download

Kxxploited version for 1.5 users

Source Code

notaz said:
There seemed to be some demand for Sega CD/Mega CD emulator for PSP, so after doing the Gizmondo port I decided to port PicoDrive, my Genesis/MegaDrive/Sega CD/Mega CD emulator, to PSP.

Well I don't really like how it performs (it still needs a bit more work), but I've decided to move to another project, so I thought I better release it as is, then keep it around untouched for months.

There is nothing fancy about this emulator (no dynarecs/asm cores), but it's still able to run many Genesis games fullspeed with no frameskip (including some CD ones), and others with some skipping. However there are some CD games which won't run too well (although situation can be improved by tweaking some options). This emulator uses hardware MP3 decoding via audiocodec library in PSP.

Note that this emu may need some option tweaking to get certain games working. Be sure to check the readme for details.

Finally, I feel I need to give credits several people whose code I used for this release:

* Chui for FAME/C (which is based on C68K by Stéphane Dallongeville, Gens fame)
* NJ for CZ80 (which was also based on Stef's code).
* MAME team for YM2612/SN76489 cores.
* fDave for the original PicoDrive, and Stef again for releasing Gens source, something to base my work on.
* ps2dev.org people for all sample code (cooleyes for libaudiocodec one).

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
rock on
biggrin.gif

Lodis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pictodrive for the Psp has been updated to v1.35a

Download here

Download Kxploited version for 1.5

Notaz said:
Well that test-a-bios-and-you-are-screwed bug was quite a serious one, so I've done an update:

fixed a bug which prevented to load any ROMs after testing the BIOS.
fixed incorrect CZ80 memory map setup, which caused Z80 crashes and graphics corruption in EU Mega CD model1 BIOS menus.
added additional "set to 4:3 scaled" display option for convenience.
added an option to disable frame limitter (works only with non-auto frameskip).

QUOTENotaz pointed out that although this emulator may have seemingly come out of nowhere, this emulator has actually been a project 2 years in the making.

Reactions: SubLoverD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them