Hardware Picked myself up a Wii U this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl00dWar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys/gals, Well I finally broke down and bought a Wii U for some reason (Do not get me wrong, I LOVE NINTENDO and always have, I just literally know nothing about it).

I was just wondering if there are any "must own" accessories that you would recommend? So far I have;

Wiimote+
Nunchuk
Pro Controller

.....I do not know how this system is as far as heat but like I know with my PS4 it gets stupid hot so an extra form of cooling felt like a must for me, Any issues or concerns with that here?

Reactions: XDel

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats!

The only thing you're missing is the gamecube controller adapter, not just for smash bros but for Nintendont.

Bl00dWar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. So far I am super happy with it :)

.....I actually wanted to get the GC adapter, but GameStop did not have any in store and their website is sold out, so I am gonna have to hunt around for it (or so it seems).

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play on the Gamepad but a TV comes in handy. :)

If you play online a lan adapter is a good idea.

JohnPetuka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard about this in another forum and have seen evidence to the contrary. The user known as Bl00dWar is lying here. He better make right on his trade or send the WiiU back.

ThatNickGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I signed up to this forum to share this story. I've been following it tonight through another forum where I've been reading HappyMan85's side of the story. Some of his posts on the situation:

I was talking to a guy on GameFaqs that is pretty reputable and known around there about trading my Wii U for his PS4. I shipped out the Wii U two days ago with Priority shipping and I checked and it was delivered today. He claimed he overnighted the PS4 yesterday because he couldn't ship the day before so that I would have it today. Well today passes and I didn't get it. He sent me a message yesterday, well his "roommate" did saying that he was asked to tell me that he shipped the package and he would provide me with tracking information. I've sent him two messages today and no response.

The person under the 2nd account messaged me back...
"Oh thank god. This is Ian (James's roommate). I actually made this account in hopes that you would message me (Sorry I could not for the life of me remember your s/n). I have no idea where james is at or what his deal is but his package did show up today so what exactly was his end of this deal?Obviously the PS4 but how many games and controllers (if any) and I assume the PS4 is going back to the same address the Wii came from? I do not know what his deal is or what he is thinking (Honestly on both his being gone and even agreeing to trade the PS4 for a Wii, but whatever it's his call). Just let me know what all the details are suppose to be on this fiasco so I can get it all straighted out."
It's obviously the same guy, but I told him the deal and to send me to the stuff.

The "roommate" messaged me back:
Okay, I will get everything laid out and get the stuff needed to ship it to you. I know my S/N is, You will also notice that I just made it. I did so that way you would have hopefully seen it and sent a message since as I said I could not remember your name and had no other way of being able to get into contact with you.
As far as shipping goes I will have to get a quote on it and let you know for sure. The latest for me though would be Friday (My payday) unless he gets his ass back home before then.
I then responded:
Your user name was made two days ago. Not today. I'm not stupid lol. I know you are James. If you had a slight delay in shipping, then that's fine. Please ship it man. It's not right to scam people. If I don't; have a confirmation number by Friday at 12 PM your time, I will notify your local authorities. Please, let's just get this trade done. It's not right to have my ship my stuff out and then have to jump through hoops to get you to ship out my stuff.

And now you're claiming you "bought" a Wii U? No. You're a scam artist and everyone should know about it. Come clean, send him the promised PS4, or your name will be worthless.

If the mods on here feel the need to ban me, feel free. I'm not the vengeful type, but I refuse to sit back and let this asshole get away with this.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I signed up to this forum to share this story. I've been following it tonight through another forum where I've been reading HappyMan85's side of the story. Some of his posts on the situation:

And now you're claiming you "bought" a Wii U? No. You're a scam artist and everyone should know about it. Come clean, send him the promised PS4, or your name will be worthless.

If the mods on here feel the need to ban me, feel free. I'm not the vengeful type, but I refuse to sit back and let this asshole get away with this.

Welp I reported him so the mods can figure it out

Shanester

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol if this is true. Hey anyone want to trade me $1000 for my PS4? I promise to ship it out!
Never trust anyone over the internet. Lesson learned.

ThatNickGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol if this is true. Hey anyone want to trade me $1000 for my PS4? I promise to ship it out!
Never trust anyone over the internet. Lesson learned.

It's not a deal I personally would've made, that's for sure. Doesn't make this any less of a dick move.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys/gals, Well I finally broke down and bought a Wii U for some reason (Do not get me wrong, I LOVE NINTENDO and always have, I just literally know nothing about it).

I was just wondering if there are any "must own" accessories that you would recommend? So far I have;

Wiimote+
Nunchuk
Pro Controller

.....I do not know how this system is as far as heat but like I know with my PS4 it gets stupid hot so an extra form of cooling felt like a must for me, Any issues or concerns with that here?

lol i also got one today but paid 150 for a new one at ebgames(gamestop)

HappyMan85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What thread did all this trading happen on? Can someone send me a link so I can investigate please??

It is me that he scammed. Here is the full story, with screen caps..

I know my friend posted the story here, but I figured I would give some backstory.
I made a post about two weeks ago on GameFAQs saying that I was going to be selling my Wii U and was looking for a link to the cheapest place to buy a PS4. I received a couple of days later from a user. Here is what the PM said:
http://i.imgur.com/NBZLuZv.png
I figured, cool. I'll message him back, which I did. Here was my message back to him:
http://i.imgur.com/GTLmqr8.png
Here was his response back to me:
http://i.imgur.com/vOPFCaU.png
He then sent me his information along with details of why he would be doing the trade: http://i.imgur.com/N0kwvXV.png
So, being a trusting person, I fell for the sob story. I figured he was an adult and I was as well so there would be no shenanigans. I said whatever, we can send the same day because he agreed that he'd send a couple hours after I sent him confirmation numbers. I paid around $58 for Priority shipping and sent him the e-mail with the confirmation numbers. Now as you can see, it says the packages were delivered yesterday (my Wii U/Games to his house). :
http://i.imgur.com/uF4Tyvj.png
He claims that he got called into work and couldn't ship that day, but would ship first thing in hte morning Tuesday. Well the day went by and I received no messages from him. I then got one late Tuesday night:
http://i.imgur.com/9iwNEdb.png
Alright, so I figured whatever. It could be true. He'll give me the confirmation number in a couple hours. He had done nothing that hasn't been trustworthy before this. Then, I didn't get the PS4 in the mail yesterday OR a reply from him after two messages. I then noticed that his signature changed on GameFAQs and it now included his PSN name which is "Bl00dWar621988", the 6/2/1988 is also listed as his birthday on another forum. I did a Google search and sure enough a user name with that name was posting on GameFAQs and another forum. I sent him a message on GameFAQs on that name and then he claimed that he was his roommate...
http://i.imgur.com/cWX8f17.png
Yeah, I didn't fall for that garbage considering that user name was created three days ago, before he messaged me on the other user name. He was caught. Busted. I called him out on it and he said:
http://i.imgur.com/Gjmp66g.png
Now, if you notice, he calls me ALEX. Only the RRoDeath (James) knew my first name. This idiot got caught. He was then also busted by me posting on another forum claiming that he bought a Wii U yesterday...
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picked-myself-up-a-wii-u-this-morning.378724/
All I wanted was the PS4, which seemed reasonable considering he said he "had an extra one". He seemed like a normal adult. Now I am screwed out of my Wii U, games, controllers, and $58 that I sent for shipping. All totals to about $400.
This totally sucks. I am not rich and am in my hopefully last semester of college so I can't just go out and replace the stuff he screwed me out of.
I have his full name, address, picture, Twitter handle, and birthday. Is there anything I can do with reporting this all to the authorities?
I don't want others to fall for this scam like I did. I was dumb and naive to think that there were actually good people out there that acted like adults. Sad.
Please don't delete this thread as this has been my only outlet to get my story out there. I hope to get some type of help to stop him from scamming others and potentially getting my Wii U back or the PS4 he promised.
Thank you.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
If you genuinely got scammed I feel for you, however it has absolutely nothing to do with GBAtemp or its staff and the last thing we need is people importing their problems and dramas from different forums to here.

Thread closed, sort it out between yourselves in private not publicly here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: