Picked myself up a Wii U this morning.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Bl00dWar, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bl00dWar
    OP

Bl00dWar Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Hey guys/gals, Well I finally broke down and bought a Wii U for some reason (Do not get me wrong, I LOVE NINTENDO and always have, I just literally know nothing about it).

I was just wondering if there are any "must own" accessories that you would recommend? So far I have;

Wiimote+
    Nunchuk
    Pro Controller

.....I do not know how this system is as far as heat but like I know with my PS4 it gets stupid hot so an extra form of cooling felt like a must for me, Any issues or concerns with that here?

XDel likes this.
  2. Tomobobo

Tomobobo Champion.

Nov 26, 2005
    United States
    Congrats!

The only thing you're missing is the gamecube controller adapter, not just for smash bros but for Nintendont.

3. Bl00dWar
    OP

Bl00dWar Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thank you. So far I am super happy with it :)

.....I actually wanted to get the GC adapter, but GameStop did not have any in store and their website is sold out, so I am gonna have to hunt around for it (or so it seems).

4. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    You can play on the Gamepad but a TV comes in handy. :)

If you play online a lan adapter is a good idea.

5. HappyMan85

HappyMan85 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2015
    United States
    THIS GUY STOLE MY WII U. HE PROMISED TO SHIP HIS PS4 IN A TRADE, BUT HE NEVER DID.

SignZ likes this.
  6. JohnPetuka

JohnPetuka Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2015
    United States
    I heard about this in another forum and have seen evidence to the contrary. The user known as Bl00dWar is lying here. He better make right on his trade or send the WiiU back.

7. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    How did bloodwar trade if he doesn't have 100 posts? (I know how...)

8. ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2015
    Canada
    I signed up to this forum to share this story. I've been following it tonight through another forum where I've been reading HappyMan85's side of the story. Some of his posts on the situation:

And now you're claiming you "bought" a Wii U? No. You're a scam artist and everyone should know about it. Come clean, send him the promised PS4, or your name will be worthless.

If the mods on here feel the need to ban me, feel free. I'm not the vengeful type, but I refuse to sit back and let this asshole get away with this.

9. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Welp I reported him so the mods can figure it out

10. dekuleon

dekuleon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    dekuleon is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 1, 2010
    Brazil
    where the wind makes the curve
    Wow america, everything is super cheap for you guys and this rat still did this to this poor guy? Stealing a game console? I don't wanna even imagine how your house is!

11. Shanester

Shanester GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2010
    United States
    U.S.A.
    Lol if this is true. Hey anyone want to trade me $1000 for my PS4? I promise to ship it out!
    Never trust anyone over the internet. Lesson learned.

12. ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2015
    Canada

It's not a deal I personally would've made, that's for sure. Doesn't make this any less of a dick move.

13. dekuleon

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 1, 2010
    Brazil
    There should be a service for this kind of deal. Isn't there a company that does this? Like intermediating the trade, saving the items toguether and shipping them to the new owners?

14. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    lol i also got one today but paid 150 for a new one at ebgames(gamestop)

15. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Called out and no response... Dun dun dun!!!!

16. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Rural Queensland
    What thread did all this trading happen on? Can someone send me a link so I can investigate please??

17. dekuleon

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 1, 2010
    Brazil
    You get what you give, live will charge you for this one day!

18. HappyMan85

HappyMan85 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2015
    United States

It is me that he scammed. Here is the full story, with screen caps..

I know my friend posted the story here, but I figured I would give some backstory.
    I made a post about two weeks ago on GameFAQs saying that I was going to be selling my Wii U and was looking for a link to the cheapest place to buy a PS4. I received a couple of days later from a user. Here is what the PM said:
    http://i.imgur.com/NBZLuZv.png
    I figured, cool. I'll message him back, which I did. Here was my message back to him:
    http://i.imgur.com/GTLmqr8.png
    Here was his response back to me:
    http://i.imgur.com/vOPFCaU.png
    He then sent me his information along with details of why he would be doing the trade: http://i.imgur.com/N0kwvXV.png
    So, being a trusting person, I fell for the sob story. I figured he was an adult and I was as well so there would be no shenanigans. I said whatever, we can send the same day because he agreed that he'd send a couple hours after I sent him confirmation numbers. I paid around $58 for Priority shipping and sent him the e-mail with the confirmation numbers. Now as you can see, it says the packages were delivered yesterday (my Wii U/Games to his house). :
    http://i.imgur.com/uF4Tyvj.png
    He claims that he got called into work and couldn't ship that day, but would ship first thing in hte morning Tuesday. Well the day went by and I received no messages from him. I then got one late Tuesday night:
    http://i.imgur.com/9iwNEdb.png
    Alright, so I figured whatever. It could be true. He'll give me the confirmation number in a couple hours. He had done nothing that hasn't been trustworthy before this. Then, I didn't get the PS4 in the mail yesterday OR a reply from him after two messages. I then noticed that his signature changed on GameFAQs and it now included his PSN name which is "Bl00dWar621988", the 6/2/1988 is also listed as his birthday on another forum. I did a Google search and sure enough a user name with that name was posting on GameFAQs and another forum. I sent him a message on GameFAQs on that name and then he claimed that he was his roommate...
    http://i.imgur.com/cWX8f17.png
    Yeah, I didn't fall for that garbage considering that user name was created three days ago, before he messaged me on the other user name. He was caught. Busted. I called him out on it and he said:
    http://i.imgur.com/Gjmp66g.png
    Now, if you notice, he calls me ALEX. Only the RRoDeath (James) knew my first name. This idiot got caught. He was then also busted by me posting on another forum claiming that he bought a Wii U yesterday...
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/picked-myself-up-a-wii-u-this-morning.378724/
    All I wanted was the PS4, which seemed reasonable considering he said he "had an extra one". He seemed like a normal adult. Now I am screwed out of my Wii U, games, controllers, and $58 that I sent for shipping. All totals to about $400.
    This totally sucks. I am not rich and am in my hopefully last semester of college so I can't just go out and replace the stuff he screwed me out of.
    I have his full name, address, picture, Twitter handle, and birthday. Is there anything I can do with reporting this all to the authorities?
    I don't want others to fall for this scam like I did. I was dumb and naive to think that there were actually good people out there that acted like adults. Sad.
    Please don't delete this thread as this has been my only outlet to get my story out there. I hope to get some type of help to stop him from scamming others and potentially getting my Wii U back or the PS4 he promised.
    Thank you.

19. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    If you genuinely got scammed I feel for you, however it has absolutely nothing to do with GBAtemp or its staff and the last thing we need is people importing their problems and dramas from different forums to here.

Thread closed, sort it out between yourselves in private not publicly here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.